TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bovolo, jettech17, Lane Bros Racing, Grizzlye, RLE
23167 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23167 Members
58 Forums
43123 Topics
296760 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#423149 - 07/16/09 10:39 AM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Mooch]
Mooch Offline
TORO-Past Series Director

Loc: Flower Mound
When time permits, Carol will be making updates to Will's blog here http://www.barpfoto.com/blog/

I encourage you all to go back to the beginning of his blog, if you haven't already been following it, and experience the amazing journey he and Carol have been on for the past six months in Europe through his eyes as an extremely talented photographer and writer.

He will fully recover from this - I have NO doubt!

Jenn

#423155 - 07/16/09 11:17 AM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Mooch]
Cee-Dubya Offline
TON Member

Loc: Euless, TX
wow! he IS an extremely talented photographer.....and writer.

I absolutely have to meet this man when he recovers.

Will says it best when he said:
"I think the best photographs tell a story, or atleast make you ask what the story is"

I agree whole-heartedly.

The pictures and words that go with them are incredible.

#423179 - 07/16/09 01:20 PM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Cee-Dubya]
Texas Sno Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Ennis, TX
I agree with you, no doubt he will fully recover.

God is in control and is the Master Physician. He has a great talent. As we have learned with our son, it is always darkest before the dawn. With dawn's break of day you find release. Just remember clouds only last for a brief moment, and the sun always shines through. Perserverance...and belief. It is a test of faith, but glorious in the ending. Can't wait to hear the good news soon to be shared from this young man will have to tell.

Keep looking up.

Our thoughts and prayers are in agreement with you.

Travis-245-2010/2011 TORN Quad Lite C Champion
Kayla-592-2010/2011 TORN Quad PW Stock C Champion
Travis-P397-2009/2010 TORO 65C State Champion

#423186 - 07/16/09 02:39 PM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Texas Sno]
Cee-Dubya Offline
TON Member

Loc: Euless, TX
well said my friend.....well said!

#423896 - 07/16/09 05:41 PM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Cee-Dubya]
Mooch Offline

Detailed information on how you can help:

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/showthread.php?p=11944#post11944

THANK YOU!
Jenn

#424017 - 07/17/09 01:49 PM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Mooch]
Mooch Offline

Will has been moved into Acute Rehabilitation at Covenant Medical Center. Same address as before except now: West Tower, Room W423. Park in the West Visitor garage.

#424022 - 07/17/09 02:14 PM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Mooch]
Mooch Offline

Additional information on how you may help: Garage Sale - Proceeds donated to Will Pattison/Carol Stanfill

All -

Myself along with a few of Carol's other friends are putting the plans together for a garage sale on Saturday, August 8th in Frisco. All proceeds will go to Will and Carol. If you live in the Dallas area and would like to donate items to the garage sale please contact me directly at crystals@smu.edu and we can discuss further. Please forward this on to anyone else you might know of that would want to donate items for the sale.

Thanks, Crystal.

#424140 - 07/18/09 04:44 PM Re: Injured Rider [Re: gmktm]
Bobby Administrator Offline
Head Honcho

Loc: Spring, Texas

Dear Will,

I hope you make a speedy and full recovery. Hang in there!

Interesting tidbit of info about Will that most folks never would know unless told...when riders from all over Texas gathered in New Braunsfels back in the summer of 1999, Will was there. Why is that important in Texas moto-history? If you look at the original corporate paperwork filed with the Texas SOS office some weeks later after that meeting, you'll see Will Pattison named as one of the original co-founders of the TMTC.

For me, the whole reason I'm here on the TON today is in part due to guys like Will, and his enthusiasm to expand moto-recreation opportunities in Texas, that lead me to drive from Houston all the way up to a little town in NE Texas named Gilmer to trail ride on an old property up there that had been a mining operation for decades...and that this new TMTC organization had a chance to purchase with Texas gas tax dollars.

It was on that day, I met with Will to go ride, but I also met three TSCEC guys who I would go riding with...an experience that would soon change the direction of my life. One of those TSCEC guys was the webmaster, Bud Hutchison...(the other two were?...anyone?). It is fair to say that without Bud's support for a crazy idea and his dedication over the past ten years, this TON project would never have been possible.

So you see, small things get lost in the history books. Only a few people even recall how Will was part of the formation of the TMTC...and how from that evolved a change in attitude by our state agencies...and eventually lead us to the creation of an Texas OHV Program within TPWD...a huge breakthrough for moto-recreation in Texas.

The moral of this story is....We sometimes don't think our interactions with others really makes any difference in the big picture and in the lives of others we randomly meet during our time here. For me, guys like Will Pattison and Bud Hutchison remind me of the old Capra film, "It's a Wonderful Life", and the fact that each man's life touches so many others that he may never realize he has changed.

And as they say...the rest is Texas history.

#425912 - 08/03/09 09:00 AM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Bobby]
Mooch Offline

Wills new addy in Colorado.

Craig Hospital
Attn: Patient, Mr. Pattison
3425 South Clarkson
Englewood, CO 80113

We depart via a medical transport plane at 11am tomorrow morning (Monday, Aug. 3). Will is very excited to go to Craig & we hope that he can accelerate his progress.

Thank you so much to each & every one of you who has called, emailed, sent a card, text, facebook, amongst other gifts & visits. Know that I get your message & so does Will! We thank you and we are doing our best to keep everyone updated.

With love,
Carol

PS - A reminder on the garage sale August 8.

Jenn

#426048 - 08/04/09 11:48 AM Re: Injured Rider [Re: Mooch]
Mooch Offline

His progress is positive & steady even though he now has an infection but the trip to the hospital (yesterday) has been a tough adjustment. He is feeling like a number, not a person. We arrived much later than anticipated & then got hit with no less than 20 people who needed all sorts of info. The next two to three days will consist of repeating every test, lab, xray, and scan he's had since the accident, along with a few new ones. The doctors seem good & attentive here at Craig. The program is taken very seriously. We will have to make few adjustments to get into the groove here. And hey, It's only day one.

With the minimal info we know now, Will is expecting to be here 3 months. Every person who has assessed him thus far, says they will get him walking!

Address Here:

Craig Hospital
Attn: Patient, Mr Pattison
3425 South Clarkson
Englewood, CO 88113

His present room number is 302B, but we were told we will move - maybe as soon as today.

I know I'm missing people on this email. Please pass the update around.

With love,
Carol

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  pentonrider 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails