TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#419507 - 06/18/09 01:55 PM all aluminum 6x12 enclosed trailer for $2800
spidennis Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: S. Padre Island, Texas
I found my trailer and figured I'd share my findings.
I did an internet search and listed all the different trailers I could find.
see this link: list of trailer manufacturers

this is what I chose, the USA Trailers single axle 6x12 all aluminum enclosed trailer, for $2800. I upgraded to the torsion axle and 15" wheels for 200 bucks more. this is a bare bones trailer, not too many options and why it is priced so much lower than the rest of the all aluminum trailers out there. also you have to pick this up at the factory. (the border of indiana and michigan)
The interior height is 5'7" and the roof is one piece. I actually prefer the double barn doors but a ramp door is available (200 bucks extra). the basic 6x10 is $2600. (note: 2 inch coupler )

I'm going to pick this up at the factory on July 7th and will give a better report later. If you ever priced all aluminum trailers, then you know what a deal this is right? also, the tax is paid when you register and plate the trailer back here in texas.

here's the link to their webpage: usa trailer 6x12 Lightning

#419515 - 06/18/09 02:31 PM Re: all aluminum 6x12 enclosed trailer for $2800 [Re: spidennis]
spidennis Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: S. Padre Island, Texas
this is gonna be my new little toybox hauler and mini vacation home. Initially I'll set the ac unit on a stand outside either the side door or one of the back doors and somehow cover up the space where the door usually sits. I got a bunch of plywood so maybe I'll make a hinged door on the trailer door and it'll swing closed to seal up the door opening? I'll get a 5 gallon solar shower that I'll throw up onto the roof. I got a atk bike shoe that I can use for mounting my bike. I'm gonna go pick up this trailer on my way to upstate ny and I'm going to bring my wr250f using my hitch carrier. I'm also getting a front mount hitch receiver for my grand cherokee so I can put that hitch carrier up there and have it out of the way. sure, I'll have room in the trailer but I don't want to be tripping over the hitch carrier all the time. I thought about some fold down beds but will use cots instead, and maybe hang my hammock too? the hammock is by far the most comfortable option!

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub