TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#208121 - 12/23/05 02:40 AM Hey MOM's ya know how to ride???
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Garland, TX
I have talked a track into racing an Over 30- Women's race (basically - we are over 40-shhhhh don't tell)... But the name sounded better saying it was over 30. The track is just north of Dallas and will run it if I can get 4 women to race it.. This is a small track near Farmersville, TX . They usually just hold races for the beginner/novice riders - minis, 4-strokes, 85, and a 125 class. Believe me the track is not that hard and it is black dirt (which I grew up racing on)...

Everyone at this track: www.boondoxxx.com - is really nice. Its a family atmosphere. I know of three ladies that will do it, besides myself, but then one rider who was just learning decided that she could do stunts on her 2nd ride and ended up breaking her back...So - I don't think she is ready yet to race. The good thing is that she will ride again.

I even tried to help us ladies by requesting that we only race from the starting line to the finish line - a berm away...hahahhahaha...The owner asked me if I required anything else, and I said - sure - can we go around those whoops that are all together???? hahhahaha....

If your interested and just a beginner - AND none of your FAST ladies need apply - let me know by sending me an email to: dcrump2545@comcast.net, and I will send you the information on when and where.

I am talking even the moms whose sons/daughters race but would like to try it out. You don't know how much fun your missing if you don't try it!!! Hey - I might even supply the beer after the 2nd moto!!!!!! We will probably all need it by then!!!!!! Think about it and let me know...Dee in Garland

Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#208122 - 05/07/06 05:04 AM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: deemit60]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

OK - its not beyond me to respond to my own message....Really - there were 80 people that checked out my original msg. So - someone's mom must be interested in riding....

I had so much fun in the last race that I could of raced a 3rd moto!!! Think about it MOMS....you will never feel as free and good about yourself unless you try it.... Dee waiting for more "mature" riders in the Womens Open at Boondoxxx...
Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#208123 - 07/05/06 08:59 PM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: deemit60]
yz80rider Offline
TON Member

i would like to try it. but im only 27 and i ride a kx125. so i guess that counts me out... im just a beginer rider...if i can get in let me know. thanks eva

#208124 - 07/05/06 09:31 PM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: yz80rider]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

That doesn't count you out. To tell you the ages of the women - well, right now the girls are like 11,12,14, ladies 38, and 2 in their forties...

I have a blast everytime I race - I just wish I could have some competition - besides the never tiring 12 yr olds. We all know they are going to win, but the next series might be an age limit. If there was during this series - the 38 yr old would of won - she is good!!

Check out: www.boondoxxx.com - last series race is this wkend and we are doing a buddy race (my wonderful idea) - buddy race being the parent/kid use the same bike and trade off. My son told me not to embarrass him...hahahaa...but, the other parents haven't even practiced on the track and I have been racing it the last 2 months. ...Come on out and join us!! We park in the back by the starting line!!! dee

#208125 - 07/06/06 02:59 PM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: deemit60]
yz80rider Offline
TON Member

i will talk to my husband about it. i dont think i could do the buddy thing..my bike is too big for my son. but maybe get into some races or something. what gear is required. all i have is boots,helmet,goggles. if i need more gear i can. just not sure when..lol..anyways. maybe i will see you out there.

#208126 - 07/06/06 05:16 PM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: yz80rider]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

No you don't have to do the buddy thing. Just a few of the guys that made comments about me racing - they are my friends - I told them we should hold a Buddy Race so they can put their foot in their mouths!!

As long as you have a helmet, boots - your good to go. I don't think I have any extra pants - but I do have some Troy Lee size 9 (????) freestyle pants you can borrow if you want.

Its a lot of fun!!! There is this one young girl that I talk to after the races that just has raced 2 races and I am amazed at how much her eyes are "sparkling" - she doesn't care that she got last, you can tell how much she loved it!!! Hope to see ya out there. Starting early since its the last race for this series. Practice at 4pm (we have our own-just because Dee never knows when "my" time is to practice - hahahaha ) Races start at 5pm...This rain is only helping the track!!! dee

#208127 - 05/19/08 06:58 PM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: deemit60]
motorockgodess Offline

Hello my daughter and i are both new to dirt bikes We have been into horses are hole life. Im 30 and shes 11 this sounds great for i dont ride but would like to try it mu daughter is wanting to race but like i said were just starting. But we live around enid oklahoma its hard to find anything around here.

#406944 - 04/01/09 12:01 PM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: motorockgodess]
BigMomma Offline

Loc: Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
Soooo .... hmmmm ... ya'll are ALL babies to me! LOLOL I'm over 50 and wanna give it a go - AGAIN! When I was a teen, I raced a Yamaha 90, then in my 20's was on a Suzuki 250 ... now, well .. I guess the ol' man would be in charge of all bike buying IF I get on in the first place. But .. I MIGHT actually be IN some of the 90,000+ photos I've taken over the years! Novel idea. To be IN a photo! and ON a bike again! I'm game!

[noticed how old the dates are on the posts, is why i'm asking: what happened next?]

#408268 - 04/08/09 04:49 PM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: BigMomma]
lola Offline
New Boot

Loc: Texas,USA
I wanna race too!!! I am in my mid-thirties and am more ready than I've ever been. I was still wondering if you ladies have put this race together again since 2003?? Let me know. I wouldn't be able to do the buddy idea either as my son is too small for my bike and his bike is too little for me.
Let me know....

#408269 - 04/08/09 04:52 PM Re: Hey MOM's ya know how to ride??? [Re: BigMomma]
lola Offline
New Boot

Loc: Texas,USA
I wanna race too!!! I am in my mid-thirties and am more ready than I've ever been. I was still wondering if you ladies have put this race together again since 2003?? Let me know. I wouldn't be able to do the buddy idea either as my son is too small for my bike and his bike is too little for me.
Let me know....

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub