TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#231770 - 05/08/06 05:24 PM My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!!
fourwheelinmomma Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Hey everyone. I am very new to this. New to this forum and new to the sport. My five year old wants to start racing 4 wheelers. He got one for Christmas from his grandparents and is ADDICTED!!!! I always thought that he'd do well in sports such as baseball, soccer, football etc. but he doesn't want to do them anymore. He has been very passionate about dirt bikes, four wheelers and go carts since the age of two and its all he ever talks about. He has a 50cc Kazuma Redkat that he loves and will probably be getting a dirt bike this summer for his birthday. He crashed for the first time this past weekend and didn't cry. He jumped up and said "WOW" as if he had gained a whole new respect for his machine and then jumped right back on it. Does anyone know how I can get him started? Is there an organization or association he should join? Also, are there any good places in Fort Worth to let him ride and practice? Right now, we ride together in our neighborhood but it isn't legal here in town. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all! Ang

#231771 - 05/09/06 12:58 AM Re: My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!! [Re: fourwheelinmomma]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
Welcome to DIRT! First of all does he have all the safety equipment? My kids race dirt bikes and they have it all. He definantly needs Helmet, Chest protector, Boots, Elbow/Knee pads and a neck roll. I know next to nothing about racing 4 wheelers but if he ever wants to get into cross country dirt bikes check out www.tccra.org www.race-toro.org and www.tornracing.com they all have forums and all are excellent racing organiztions. My entire family including myself race all three. Maybe someone who know's 4 wheelers will chime in. Good Luck to you!

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..future pro #15

#231772 - 05/10/06 04:53 PM Re: My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!! [Re: liss]
fourwheelinmomma Offline

Thanks for your reply to my post! He is interested in dirtbikes as well but we don't have one yet.... maybe this summer! I found a prorider who is going to train him on both his four wheeler and a dirtbike and get him started so we are keeping our fingers crossed that he'll be safe and do well. I am in the process now of getting all his protective gear; chest plate with neck roll,shoulder pads, and removeable arm guards, elbow guards, knee guards, gloves, helmet, boots, jersey and pants........ needless to say I'm gonna be BROKE! Ha-Ha! I will check out the sites you recommended. Thanks again and I hope you have a great day! Ang

#231773 - 05/10/06 10:36 PM Re: My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!! [Re: fourwheelinmomma]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx
You may want to check out the used gear thats for sale. I've got some smaller gear but nothing for a five year old.
Here are some other places you can look too

http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum_php/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=classifieds_gear_forsale

http://www.tccra.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

#231774 - 05/11/06 09:46 PM Re: My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!! [Re: Fender_Bender]
fourwheelinmomma Offline

Thank you for the info. I will definitely check that out. My hubby asked what I wanted for Mother's Day and I couldn't think of anything at the time. I have since decided to ask for all the safety equipment for my little man! I'll have him check it out with me! Thanks again!!! Ang

#231775 - 07/04/08 08:12 PM Re: My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!! [Re: Fender_Bender]
kawy206 Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Stephenville, Tx
you can also check out heartbeat racing in stephenville, texas. they either have it or can get it. that is where i shop and i ride for them.

#405603 - 03/25/09 10:14 PM Re: My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!! [Re: kawy206]
FatKid Offline
New Boot

Loc: White Deer , Texas
You can also look at www.denniskirk.com ....Once you get there look in Offroad Products...Trust me they have anything you could possibly need...I ride street and dirt bikes both and just started my 4 year old son this year..I purchased his riding gear from them and spent less that $150 for pants, shirt, gloves, goggles, helmet & shin/knee guards...Soon to order neck brace & spine protector...All of their stuff is quality name brand..Thor, Fox, Answer, ect...Hope this helps ..BB

#405829 - 03/26/09 10:22 PM Re: My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!! [Re: FatKid]
Aaron14 Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Texas, Burkburnett
My name is Misty Fortin, my six year has been racing since he was 2 & 1/2 years old. We currently race with TQRA (texoma quad racing assoc.) We race all over Texas & Oklahoma. They have different classes for different size bikes. It is a family type atmosphere. Check out the website tqra.com. We have a race outside of Sherman, Texas this weekend. MY husband & I also sponsor the organization, & would love to help you & your son. OUr business sells all of the necessary equipement. CHeck out our web site atv-world.com. If you do happen to check out the race this weekend look for our trailer. It says Fortin rACING & ATV WORLD the side. hope this helps, & good luck.

Misty
Aaron Hansen #14

#405861 - 03/27/09 12:53 AM Re: My 5 year old wants to race... Please HELP!!! [Re: Aaron14]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx
I'm not trying to be an ass but you all did see that this thread was started back in 06.... RIGHT

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub