TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#391075 - 02/25/09 11:23 PM Re: new member---old racer [Re: twojs]
vaughn285n Offline

Loc: Seabrook, TX
...so, who is going to be racing at Rio Bravo on March 8th?

#391076 - 02/28/09 09:43 AM Re: new member---old racer [Re: vaughn285n]
observer Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Everett, WA
Hey there Nathan. Man been a LONG time huh?
I finally remembered to drop back in here. Didn't see the PM reply.

I used to ride up on our 20 in bikes drooling-watching you and George, Don Geobel, Fred(occasionally) and couple of others roost around that field by the Goebels/Hannas.
I got some help from a guy in Pasadena(guess he was impressed with my BMX abilitys or something:-) and started racing a YZ 125 around 1974 or so. Then we moved up to a Husky 250 GP and I made it to a decent, consistent top 5 250 Int rider eyeing Expert then my friend/help, Jack moved back, outside of San Antonio area and got married.
I was young, no money to continue and bummed. I regret not staying in racing, but it's all long gone now. Except I do ride up here in WA. And we have some awesome, rugged terrain up here that I ride my KTM 300 XC on. I have fun, but it didn't take too long to figure out I'm not 20 y/o anymore! :-P
Good to hear from you. I wished I could make it down for the reunion again. Can't justify it this yr.
Made one a couple yrs ago, saw all the old H&H Music bunch except Robert Tuggle. Was really neat.
Take care!
Roger

#391077 - 02/28/09 02:17 PM Re: new member---old racer [Re: vaughn285n]
BIZZZARE Offline
Bizarre Czar

Loc: Friendswood,TX
My son & I plan on racing at RIO for the EVO race in the modern classes on our new 450's
Me-#414
Brad-#566

Anyone hear anything on the upcoming Oldschol Reunion?

Jeff
#414 TRH,TORCS,EVO,XTREME,and any other series

#391078 - 03/12/09 11:16 AM Re: new member---old racer [Re: BIZZZARE]
vaughn285n Offline

Loc: Seabrook, TX
Rio was awesome and really brought back a lot of old memories....the Vintage bikes (and riders) were really cool. The track looks very similar to how I remember it back in the '70's, and I remember how much fun (and challenging) the track can be to endurance. EVO looks like a great format for local racers that are "vintage" also....good clean fun!

My son (13) is now bugging his mom to let him ride/race...I hope to come out and watch some more of the local races---would like to see some of the local pro talent race. What's coming up next?

A lot has changed, but Rio lives on!

#431269 - 09/15/09 07:39 AM Re: new member---old racer [Re: vaughn285n]
observer Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Everett, WA
Nathan, I brought my '02 RM250 2t with me to the Rio reunion back in '07.
After the fun and chit chat, I unloaded my Suzook, put my gear on and rode the track one last time for old times sake. I started to not ride, because it was about to rain, got lazy,etc...but I told myself, "no!, you'll be sorry you didn't ride this track one last time". It was really cool. The track had been changed up a bit, and I didn't remember some turns, sections being like they were laid out, but it was something I'll never forget. After I was done...I loaded up and stared at the place before driving off...I got a bit teary eyed.
Only something very special will do that to 50 something y/o man. I'll never forget my motocross memories in So TX. The only thing that would've been better...is to have ridden my 75 Husky CR250GP that I used to race back in the day!

#431441 - 09/16/09 05:09 AM Re: new member---old racer [Re: twojs]
Vintage_Mikey Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Austin
Rio again next month...........Be There !!!

http://www.evovintage.com/events.htm

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub