TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 188 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#388948 - 12/30/08 10:03 AM New AMSA President and Vice President
Maddog Moderator Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Austin,Texas
I believe by now everyone has read the post in regards to the current club President (myself) and Vice President (Dave Denmon) taking a step back and handing it off to Larry Carlisle (Prez) and Greg Messer(VP). I would like to endorse this change and ask everyone to give our full support to Larry and Greg to take the club forward.
Larry and Greg are long time club members and I've known both of them for years and I know they will serve us very well. I will be around (not going anywhere yet) and look forward to continue supporting the club in anyway possible.
Will anyone second this?

THX,
Paul Moyer

#388949 - 12/30/08 10:26 AM Re: New AMSA President and Vice President [Re: Maddog]
pmkkdx Offline
Have map. Will travel!

Loc: Central Texas, USA, Earth (mos...
I'll second the nominations of Larry & Greg.

thanks again Paul, Dave & Penny for your steadfast leadership.
(I only have to amuse myself)

#388950 - 12/30/08 12:23 PM Re: New AMSA President and Vice President [Re: Maddog]
John_Middleton Offline
TON Web Administrator

Loc: Austin, Tx
I'll update the AMSA website after new years with the new elected AMSA Officers.

Congrats Larry & Greg!

#388951 - 12/30/08 05:30 PM Re: New AMSA President and Vice President [Re: John_Middleton]
Patman Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Left field

#388952 - 12/30/08 07:12 PM Re: New AMSA President and Vice President [Re: Patman]
Steve4 Offline
AMSA President

Loc: Austin, Tx.
Since I'm one of the oldest, (maybe THE oldest) member of AMSA I'm very excited to have Larry and Greg step up to the plate and take over the reins. I've always been the one who convinced, shoe-horned, fooled, lied to, and generally told them whatever they wanted to hear just to get past officers to take the job. Just ask Bobby Noonan, Steve Smith, Paul, Dave, and just about everyone else who has held office for AMSA.

What has me so excited is Larry and Greg didn't have to be begged for them to step up. They did this one on their own. All the officers and staff that we've had over the years have all been great. AMSA is a social club before it has ever been a dirt bike club. So what does this new role mean for Larry and Greg? It means being social directors, and entertainers for all of us members, which is not easy, believe me.

We have always allowed the standing officers to run the club as they pretty much see fit, because bottom line, they are not getting paid for this, so as long as we stayed within the scope of what the club is all about, you can pretty much run it your way. Now, this may seem a bit liberal, but we must allow the officers the right to run and set things up for all of us as they see fit. This is not a bad thing, it's in fact very good for us. All the officers I mentioned above can all tell you, it gets extremely hard to keep people "entertained" month after month. It's tough, really tough...

So with that being said, I highly endorse Larry and Greg, for President and Vice-President. I hope all members show them that we are behind them both. New blood means new enthusiam, new exciting ideas, and new direction which is what has made this club so much fun. Congratulations guy's.

Steve Cardwell
Executive Director (whatever that means, besides the oldest member)
Charter member Austin MotoSports Assn, circa 1986

#388953 - 12/31/08 10:40 AM Re: New AMSA President and Vice President [Re: Steve4]
motopail Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Austin
From another old menber.....

Who would have thought that when the AMSA was started, we would get this far!!!

That's cuz we have had some great folks heading us up...

Larry....Greg..you have some big shoes to fill, leading us into our third decade.

Thanks for "stepping up" to the task....

doug....

Moderator:  Dave, Lumberjack, Maddog 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page