TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Roland Rocka, Jeannie41, Manuel H., Ezel, asarjip
23084 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 415 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23084 Members
50 Forums
38169 Topics
249128 Posts

Max Online: 573 @ 05/04/20 10:29 AM
Search

Bike For Sale
2016 KTM 65 SX $2750
by 525Brian
09/28/20 04:43 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#376216 - 10/25/08 09:06 PM Just moved back home...
Airwolf Offline
New Boot

Loc: West Houston, TX
Hey guys, I just moved back home (West Houston, Bear Creek area) from Fort Lewis, WA after 5 years. My good riding buddies live in Utah and Arizona now, so I have nobody in the area to go ride with. My weeks are pretty packed, given I work and go to school full time, but I'm usually not too busy during the weekends, unless I got a test to study for or something. Anyway, it'd be awesome to have some friendly people to hit up the trails with. I'll keep an eye out in the forum for anything, but I don't want to just invite myself, so if anybody's interested in a new addition to their group, drop me a line. I promise I'm not a wierdo, HAHA! Alright y'all, take it easy! [image]http://a538.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/l_f440c73d5700df585bcec4ec439edb89.jpg[/image]

Attachments
558570-l_f440c73d5700df585bcec4ec439edb89.jpg (93 downloads)

Edited by Airwolf (10/25/08 09:22 PM)

#376217 - 10/25/08 09:49 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: Airwolf]
TreeWeaver Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: NW Houston,TX
Are you ready? Tomorrow morning..(Sun) 8:00 am....Sam Houston National Forest.....East side trailhead. 30 mile minimum ride. If you get this message tonight, call Greg @ 281-507-9779 for directions. I'm up till 11:00 pm. If your leaving from Bear Creek, count on a 75 mile drive. One hour and 15 minutes to trailhead. (with EZ tag)
Didn't get this message in time? Call me anyway. Storm harescramble race next weekend at Rio Bravo. MX track plus trails. 1 hour ride for out of shape guys like me, 2 hour ride if you can handle it. Should be a kick in the pants!
'07 KTM 300XC-W
JD Cycle Parts / MX WHEELS 832-405-8209
www.JDCPMX.COM

#376218 - 10/26/08 11:29 AM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: TreeWeaver]
Airwolf Offline
New Boot

Sorry, but I didn't get your message last night. Thanks a bunch for the invite though!! This weekend, I have some stuff I need to take care of (including getting a new chain put on the bike). I was supposed to have drill this weekend, but that fell through yesterday. Normally that would free me up, but I got two tests this week I need to study for. I'll see about next weekend. I don't think it should be a problem, as long as the bike feels like running. Thanks again for the invite, and I'm definitely gonna try for next weekend!

Brian.

#376219 - 10/28/08 02:25 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: Airwolf]
benparker Offline

Loc: Montgomery Texas
hey airwolf welcome To TRH lol im new too i live about 15 minutes from SHNF and i am ready to ride anytime just drop me a pm ... laters

#376220 - 10/30/08 12:51 AM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: Airwolf]
ratchetman Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Kingwood, Tx
Welcome home. Ft. Lewis is a Ranger post if I remember correctly. I'll contact you when I get a free weekend. Do you trail ride, mx, or does it matter?
TRH

Pain is only weakness leaving the body.

#376221 - 11/07/08 09:44 AM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: ratchetman]
Airwolf Offline
New Boot

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Here is the deal. I'm putting the new CRF on hold for right now (don't remember if I mentioned that before, but I'm going to get one of the 09 CRF450s) probably until after Christmas. The RM (98 RM125) needed work so it's here at the shop at my work and it's torn down right now. Quick list of things I'm doing to it

-new clutch basket, pressure plates, and springs (that was quite a large chunk of change)
-new MP clutch cable
(all that was done becuase it had major clutch drag...it always has, but I got tired of it)
-removed swingarm and stripped paint off of it (started to look like [email me])
-replacing chain sliders
-replace one of the rear wheel bearings and seals and both spacers
-replace entire swingarm bearing assembly (Pivot Works)
-new renthal sprockets and DID chain
-new tires and tubes
(I think that's everything, but I'm sure I missed a couple things. I've just been ordering parts like crazy and when they come in the mail, I put them on.)

Here is my question...

The top-end hasn't been looked at since I bought the damn thing, but I did have it compression checked last year (around Nov) and the Suzuki shop guys said it was good (haven't ridden much due to ankle surgery since then) Should I go by that or should I go ahead and take it down? The bike's always been real easy to kick over (it is a 125 after all), but I'd hate to let it go and seize the piston. The bike's never really been ridden super hard (like a racer would ride it), but it's had the same top-end for a while. It just fouled a plug for the first time a couple months ago, but I assume that's because I was doing plenty putting around up at my Dad's lake property. I know the best thing to do would be to check it out, but I want to get this thing back up so I can get out and ride.

Any comments or advice?

Thanks guys.
Brian.

P.S. As soon as this badboy's back up, I'll be ready to go. hopefully I can get all this done in the next two weeks. I'm working and going to school full time, so with this project, sleep has become a chore, but I'm managing.

Oh, I forgot to mention, yes Ft. Lewis is home of 2nd Ranger bat. And I pretty much ride whatever. I really like trail and dunes riding, and I'll get out on the track during practice, but I'm not big on racing.

my email is brian.perret@gmail.com hit me up whenever.

Edited by Airwolf (11/07/08 09:46 AM)

#376222 - 11/07/08 09:52 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: Airwolf]
locorider Offline
TON Member

Loc: Montgomery, TX
Dude.

I can totally relate. I moved here last year after living in Seattle for 10 years. I lived in Snohomish for the last 4 years, Bothell before that.

Used to go to Gig harbor at least 3 times a year to fish for Salmon. A buddies dad lived just outside of gig harbor and we would launch from there.

Great place, bummer about the winters though.

After 10 loooooonnnnnnnggggg winters we decided to go searching for sunshine and Texas showed up on the list.

Let me know when you are ready to ride, I live 20 minutes from the SHNF.

Cheers
Art

#376223 - 11/08/08 11:40 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: locorider]
benparker Offline

Loc: Montgomery Texas
lets ride tomorrow......

#376224 - 11/09/08 04:02 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: Airwolf]
TreeWeaver Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: NW Houston,TX
Hey Brian,
Top ends on 2-strokes are pretty simple, so its just a matter of time and money. Maybe you can just get back to riding it and wait for a big Thurs or Friday rain, so you'll be pretty sure the trails are closed, then rip it apart, measure, and start ordering. If everything goes smooth, you won't have much down time.
The weather has been fantastic lately. I would regret taking my bike apart right now. This is "ride all day weather". It's up to you. Let us know when when it's all back together.
'07 KTM 300XC-W
JD Cycle Parts / MX WHEELS 832-405-8209
www.JDCPMX.COM

#376225 - 11/09/08 10:46 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: TreeWeaver]
Airwolf Offline
New Boot

but if I let it go, don't I run the risk of seizing it? Plus, it's torn down right now, so better to do it while it's down than to wait, you know. I just don't wanna run the risk of causing more damage. As soon as I get all the parts I ordered and get it back together, I'm gonna wanna take it out. Right now, I'm waiting on a wheel bearing. I ordered OEM, but it could be next week before I get it. I may try and call some shops around town and see if anybody has one in stock and I can pick it up one day while I'm at work. Otherwise, it could be a couple weeks before I'm ready to go. We'll see, but I'm not sure if it's the best thing to just let it go, u know.

Brian.

#376226 - 11/10/08 03:16 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: Airwolf]
ktmlance Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Watauga, TX
replace both wheel bearings together.

It is really easy to check and or replace top end. If you take it apart at least replace the ring.

#376227 - 11/10/08 03:39 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: ktmlance]
Mroseb Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Spring, Tx.
Like Lance said, replace bearings as a set not just 1. Lot of local riders get their bearings & seals from Houston Bearing Supply, just pull out the old bearing & seals call them & give'em #'s. They'll either have them or get them in a day or 2, plus they're industrial type bearings that last longer & are cheaper.
As for top end if I don't know when it was done last I just do it, you're only talkin what 100 bucks.

Good luck!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=houston+bearing+%26+supply&aq=2&oq=houston+bearin

Edited by Mroseb (11/10/08 04:09 PM)

09 300XC
03 450EXC
01 XR650L
98 Valkyrie

#376228 - 11/12/08 02:33 PM Re: Just moved back home... [Re: Mroseb]
Airwolf Offline
New Boot

alright alright, I'll do the top end. Man, I just wanna ride! I got freakin drill this weekend and I gotta write a 5 page paper on 19th Century artwork by next thursday, so I ain't even gonna have time to work on it. Geez. Stupid motorcycles....pffft.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BIZZZARE, Grouser, Kenzo 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page