TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#335302 - 02/07/08 05:15 AM Anyone use SPIDERTRAX WHEEL ADAPTER KITS???
M151LC Offline

Loc: Henrietta Texas
My son Nate and I are considering buying to kits and we wanted to know if anyone uses them and how well do they old up while offroading???

Are they permitted to be used in 4x4 compititions?

They look to be made real well and we don't anticipate any problems with them, our biggest concern was rock crawling events and Desert Racing compitition.

Feed back on the SPIDERTRAX WHEEL ADAPTER KIT would be great guys.

Thanks Bleddyn and Nate

#335303 - 08/19/08 03:01 PM Re: Anyone use SPIDERTRAX WHEEL ADAPTER KITS??? [Re: M151LC]
PerilousCustoms Offline

Loc: Arizona (possibly moving to NW...
I have used the Spidertrax wheel adapters on a TJ to adapt to a set of paddle tires I had with a different pattern. They are a quality product. I only used them for a weekend but I did a lot of duning and jumping and they look like new. Jeep Dune Jump Video

I know people that use them for rock crawling and are happy with them, too. Depending on the weight and speed of the vehicle they are going on, I'd trust them in the desert. They will put more load on the bearing, etc and I'd be more concerned about that than the adapters/spacers failing.

I'm not aware of any rules against using them in competition but rules can be a little different with each organizer. It's always best to check the organizer's current rules before buying parts and building.

Are you planning to use them just for the extra width, or to change the pattern? I ask because I just sold my TJ and can sell the adapters (Thanks for the reminder ). They are 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5.

#335304 - 09/08/08 01:24 PM Re: Anyone use SPIDERTRAX WHEEL ADAPTER KITS??? [Re: M151LC]
Snowman Offline
Gang Member

Loc: TEXAS
Just installed them on my 08 Rubicon (Due to tire destruction) and went 4X4ing Saturday pulled one tire off to check doing well. you will have to get used to a bit of a profile change, mine are 1 1/2 inch so I couldn't squeeze through and had to go over some tight places, it made it all the more fun.

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub