TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#258765 - 11/14/06 05:51 PM question for parents
InfamousRacer7 Offline
New Boot

do most of you help pay or pay for your kids to race? my parents keep telling me that no other parents pay for there kids to race. i have managed through working my a** off to have my quad the way i want it and they keep complaning about how much money i have in it. i pay for races, parts, oil, gas, and and most everything else. do any of the parents halp there kids out?

#258766 - 11/14/06 10:34 PM Re: question for parents [Re: InfamousRacer7]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx
How old are you????? How are your grades???? Have a job???
YES, I still pay for my son (16) to ride. As long as he keeps his grades up and keeps out of trouble I'll keep paying.
It's good bonding for the both of us and fun for me to which him ride.

Sound to me your parents don't really like the ideal of you racing.

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

#258767 - 11/15/06 01:58 AM Re: question for parents [Re: Fender_Bender]
InfamousRacer7 Offline
New Boot

i just turned 18 i have a job at green country cycle city and i maintain a 3.5gpa and i dont do stupid things like drinking drugs and smoking never done that stuff and most of the time i go to the track by myself they dont come

#258768 - 11/15/06 03:24 AM Re: question for parents [Re: InfamousRacer7]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx
Try getting one or both to go, and see how and what all go's on. Show them some of the fourm here to show them it's really bigger than they think and that other moms and dads not only help there kids but belive in their support.
We race mainly two series this year that are off road but the support is the same no mater what kind of racing. The friends we've made are some of the best I've ever had. I could get hurt, haveing to go to the hospital but, I would not have to worry about my son being there not knowing whats going on. The friends there will take care of him, help load up and get him to were I'm at. All of these series are like an extended family. You'll bang bars and yell at the same people that are helping you or your helping get up around the next turn...

My parents never did help me do anything they didn't do themself's. If it wasn't going with them (hunting, fishing, camping or baseball) I was on my on. Not that it's a bad thing, they just didn't help. I always had to work for what I wanted. No wornder I've had two jobs for thirty years.....

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

#258769 - 11/15/06 02:28 PM Re: question for parents [Re: InfamousRacer7]
Antnic Offline
TON Member

Loc: Sachse
Yes,we pay for everything for our 2 boys ( 9 & 18 ) to race and we're having the best time ever! I wouldn't trade our time together for anything. One time I missed a race & I was heartsick. You kids grow up so fast that we have to make every minute count. I wish your parents would go to just 1 race because they would be hooked! Good Luck!
Tony #622
Anthony #12
Nicholas #22

#258770 - 11/22/06 06:57 PM Re: question for parents [Re: Antnic]
ktmlance Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Watauga, TX
Typically kids whose parents don't support riding/racing do not stick with it for long, congratulations for paying your own way.

Encourage your parents to come with you to the track, maybe they are just afraid of seeing you get hurt?
My father has always supported me and although I have my own house and kids, 27yrs old, he still supports me in any way I need. I pay for my own entry, parts and bikes etc... but he still helps out with knowledge and maintance questions and allowing the use of his nice toy hauler and truck, when he drives. He is a rider/racer and has been his whole life and I am very grateful for him sharing his love of 2 wheels with me.

When you get a little older remember this thread and spend some time with your kids doing something you all enjoy, it dosen't have to be wheelers/dirtbikes.

#582850 - 08/29/15 04:57 AM Re: question for parents [Re: ktmlance]
shawnthompson Offline

It seems that maybe your parents are not quite comfortable with your idea of racing. I do pay for my kids. One is 16 and the other is 14. I love to watch them race.

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub