TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#247302 - 10/11/06 08:09 PM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: tracetrimble]
tracetrimble Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Austin
Clayton & Scott, nice to meet y'all out there Sunday. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

tracetrimble at yahoo dot com

Trace
TORCS #598 Open A, KTM 300XC
www.powersportparts.net #iridedunlop #lucaslegion #twinair #leatt #spyoptic #hookit

#247303 - 09/15/08 06:32 PM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: tracetrimble]
stmichaels Offline

Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I can't take the heat like you guys, and I prefer dirt! The scariest thing about the park is the McMansions popping up all around. There is a new one right next to the parking lot. It is a matter of time until it closes down for good unless we can get organized with the MTB crowd and show user numbers that the City will listen to.

The big problem we have as riders is we focus on just the kind of riding we like. MX'rs don't care at all about Emma Long. The trail is too tough for most beginners, kids, and rec riders. Trials riders want Emma Long to stay challenging. Bottom line is, the fewer riders who can make the loop, the fewer riders there are to defend its closure.

#247304 - 09/26/08 02:38 AM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: stmichaels]
Thrasher Offline
New Boot

Loc: Austin, TX
Guys, I live right next door to this park at River Place. I would like to start riding it as I just got a dirt bike (YZ426), so where can I get the $8 state park sticker from? Hopefully I might see some of you out there at the weekends. I was at Cross Creek last weekend with my family (wife and 2 daughters 8 & 10 all ride) and had a great time, Emma long will be too difficult for them, but it's so close bye I want to ride it a bit..
Gary

#247305 - 09/26/08 04:18 PM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: Thrasher]
Greg Offline
Vet AMSA Director

TJ's Cycles has them.

I hope you have a fairly quiet pipe on your bike. The houses are being built closer to the park and everything we can do to keep from pissing the homeowners off helps.

Have fun!

Greg

#247306 - 09/27/08 02:49 PM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: Greg]
Chris_S Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: North Richland Hills, TX
I haven't ridden there in about a year, but always enjoy it and would be up for a ride if someone else is going. My free time is about to become increasingly scarce, so I may have to start riding here more vs. most distant spot.

#247307 - 09/27/08 03:50 PM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: Chris_S]
Thrasher Offline
New Boot

I have the standard YZS silencer and a white brothers silencer!! I can fit the standard when I ride there, although I don't find the white bros that loud unless I really rev the bike (which I don't!). I ordered the TPWD OHV sticker directly from TPWD so should have it next week.. Will then go and have a look again, I did ride my old TS185 on the loop about a year ago, when I got home, not a single light bulb still worked, the shocks and vibrations had broken almost every filament in every bulb!! It took ages to get new bulbs as the bike has 6 volt electrics!! I won't be riding it again off road!! Hope to see some of you there..

#247308 - 10/12/08 11:08 PM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: Thrasher]
tracetrimble Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Austin
Haven't checked this topic in a while, finally some action! haha I'm usually there about once a week. I'd be happy to meet up sometime, even one night after work this week. It helps to have someone show you the lines, or it can be really frustrating for first-timers.

I suggest putting the stock silencer on - can't hurt, and you won't need the topend power out there anyway.

and call me next time you're up for it, Chris!
TORCS #598 Open A, KTM 300XC
www.powersportparts.net #iridedunlop #lucaslegion #twinair #leatt #spyoptic #hookit

#247309 - 10/21/08 03:54 AM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: tracetrimble]
Thrasher Offline
New Boot

Thanks Chris, I should have checked back sooner and would have seen your reply. I rode the park Saturday morning and had a lot of fun. The main loop was exceedingly difficult to stay on as there where so many trails coming off it and so few markers that I kept ending up an a little trail and would have to turn back and find the main loop. I suspect that after doing it a couple of times I would learn it. didn't see any motorbikes but did come across 6 bicycles, they where all very friendly. I will definately be going again, it was great fun for an hour and a half and only 10 minutes from my house. I was not riding very quickly (worried about the bicycles and not knowing where the trails go or how difficult they would be) but still had a great time.
As I was finishing someone turned up in a pickup with a blue Yamaha in the back, but I didn't stop to say hi as I had to get home before the wife!! Hope to bump into you sometime. Looking at the climbs, I think the current direction of the main loop is definately the easier direction, some of the descents would be very difficult climbs in the other direction!!

Edited by Thrasher (10/21/08 03:57 AM)

#247310 - 10/31/08 03:56 PM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: Thrasher]
stmichaels Offline

Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Most of the mountain bikers seem to know that the trail was started by motorcyclists. Someone suggested they should make the ledges easier so less gifted riders wouldn't widen the trail to get around them, but the trials riders thought that was a bad idea. I still can't make the whole loop without getting hung up at least once! What do you think?

#247311 - 11/08/08 12:21 AM Re: Any other whole-loop riders? [Re: stmichaels]
calebra Offline

hello all ,

I have a cr125 and have been contemplating a city park ride, I currently have 0 riding partners in Austin and have never ridden city park before, so here in next few weeks it would be rock if someone could show me the lines,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, contingent on my procuring a quieter pipe, spark arrestor , and sticker,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, patience may be required, but probably not, lawl, and yes you can laugh aloud if you like, as long as you at least point me in the correct direction.

I am generally only available to ride on the weekends , but i might call in for a day at cp

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Kingham 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub