TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 153 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#239529 - 08/18/08 07:56 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Redneck2]
360trailsman Offline

I think it will be very funny for you to dress up as this mysterious Grandma to perpetuate this HOAX. I know the owners and this is the commom lie that you wild people tell to cover up your activity. Just tell me now who do you think owns the property??????? Do I hear silence?????

#239530 - 08/18/08 08:31 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 360trailsman]
Redneck2 Offline
New Boot

Loc: Euless Texas
In reply to:

I think it will be very funny for you to dress up as this mysterious Grandma to perpetuate this HOAX. I know the owners and this is the commom lie that you wild people tell to cover up your activity. Just tell me now who do you think owns the property??????? Do I hear silence?????

Wild people? I dont drink on the trail, I dont screw up other peoples stuff, and I always take a trashbag full of other peoples crap out when I leave a trail. Ive been "treading lightly" all the years that Ive been wheeling and riding. That being said, I havent been out there in several years due to the thieves, and crooked cops that dont know what they are doing. The last time I was out there(2004 or so), I saw a rider getting arrested, but the cop didnt say a word to the mexicans that were dragging a caddy down the trails behind a 4x4. Most people dont wheel El Dorodo's with 22" wheels and screens all over the inside of the car.

Which part are you talking about? The land on the east side of the freeway is owned by different people than that on the west side. Ive been told that there are 5 different pieces of property that are in no way marked, yet are owned by different people.

The person who told me about the "grandma" is a friends mom. She claims to be divorced from "granny's" oldest son. I dont see her as being a liar, and doubt many people are as law abbiding as she is.

I doubt I would be able to be a fill-in granny, as Im male, 26, 6'3" and 200lbs. Ive never seen a granny that looks much like me. But as I said before, I will stick with Barnwell, Katempsy, Disney Ok, and a few trips to Moab. Slickrock is more fun than mud that smells like raw sewage. But then again, there are rumors that people are being kept away to hide the illegal dumping done by area buisness.

#239531 - 08/18/08 10:09 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Redneck2]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth , Texas, USA
I cannot believe some of you people. It's always someone else who is doing the destruction and other crimes, not you, so why should you have to behave like a law abiding citizen? All you dumba$$es have been warned, so keep on going out there and be prepared to take your medicine.

BTW there are no tresspassing signs all over the place, I guess you didnt see them when you knocked them down with your 4X4
Thanks to the people who keep me riding.
My wife, My son, SMS Racing,
and all my friends in the offroad motorcycle world

#239532 - 08/18/08 10:52 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: penguin327]
PILL Offline

In reply to:

I cannot believe some of you people. It's always someone else who is doing the destruction and other crimes, not you, so why should you have to behave like a law abiding citizen? All you dumba$$es have been warned, so keep on going out there and be prepared to take your medicine.

BTW there are no tresspassing signs all over the place, I guess you didnt see them when you knocked them down with your 4X4

Actually, when i came in last week i didn't see a single sign. I just left because we saw to guys getting out shotguns to go shooting, and we figured that it would be a good time to get out before we get shot.

Trailsman, if you don't mind me asking, who exactly are you representing by guarding 360?

Edited by PILL (08/18/08 10:58 PM)

#239533 - 08/19/08 02:29 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: PILL]
peakaboo Offline
Old Boot

The property actually is around 2000 acres total that is going to be developed by a large development company as a river walk style community, houses, retail, offices etc. etc.
It is located east of the highway between the railroad tracks and the river.
The guy patrolling the property is a security guard working for the company nothing more than that.
People simply need to stay off of this property. It has been in front of the Arlington city council for almost 2 years. It is not some grandmother that owns it, she may own a the area just inside the yellow gate off of Tarrant Main but ALL of the surrounding property from the RR tracks north to the river south, highway 360 east and Collins west is owned by Huffines and is considered the Viridian Development.
It all came to a head a few months ago when the Arlington Police Department started warning people to stay out. They were patrolling the property known as the "tree house" and running off all of the teenagers who were mostly underage drinking and everything else that goes with this. Everything from stolen vehicles being left here to numerous people discharging firearms.
If I were to assume I would assume that if it were just people going out there to offroad, load up and go home none of this would have been an issue but that has not been the case.

#239534 - 08/21/08 09:50 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: peakaboo]
Zacherd Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Keller, Tx.
My best friend has been going to that treehouse for quite some time with his new friends [son of the owner of Full Boar Cycles] and I know exactly what goes on out there at around 10pm till whenever [This is when I get a text from him, "Dude we at the treehouse n sumone just smoked 20 cigs at once!" or something I don't care about...]. I disagree with it 100%, and it does need to be controlled. But that is the 'treehouse', not the rest of the park. From what I understand the rest of the park is being trashed also though. So maybe after everything gets cleared up, all of us who just want to ride the park should start a petition to let us ride under certain circumstances, ie. not after dark, ect. But would all of this be worth it, just to have one more place to ride? Well, a place to ride is a place to ride. But with all the restrictions that would be put on us, it might just not fun. Last time I went out there, there were no trespassing signs all over the place. Mainly HIGH up on telephone poles. That was last year about this time.

As for you, Mr.Security Guard- I don't necessarily like your tone when it comes to us riders. I know that almost all of the riders on this forum just want to ride, not trash and break rules. Please don't rag on us all.

TORO c243, Torn 243, TCCRA j643

Thanks to:

Mom and Dad,
ASV Inventions,
Fluid Athlete Hydration,
Panolin Lubricants,
Steel MX Optics,
Sunstar Sprockets,
REV Graphx Custom Graphics

#239535 - 08/21/08 06:31 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Zacherd]
peakaboo Offline
Old Boot

In reply to:

My best friend has been going to that treehouse for quite some time with his new friends [son of the owner of Full Boar Cycles] and I know exactly what goes on out there at around 10pm till whenever [This is when I get a text from him, "Dude we at the treehouse n sumone just smoked 20 cigs at once!" or something I don't care about...]. I disagree with it 100%, and it does need to be controlled. But that is the 'treehouse', not the rest of the park. From what I understand the rest of the park is being trashed also though. So maybe after everything gets cleared up, all of us who just want to ride the park should start a petition to let us ride under certain circumstances, ie. not after dark, ect. But would all of this be worth it, just to have one more place to ride? Well, a place to ride is a place to ride. But with all the restrictions that would be put on us, it might just not fun. Last time I went out there, there were no trespassing signs all over the place. Mainly HIGH up on telephone poles. That was last year about this time.

As for you, Mr.Security Guard- I don't necessarily like your tone when it comes to us riders. I know that almost all of the riders on this forum just want to ride, not trash and break rules. Please don't rag on us all.

No night riding?? That is part of the reason BMRA has lost 1/2 of the traffic it had years ago.
What is so wrong with night riding?? We are not on motorcycles but full size rigs and there more people that prefer night wheeling than there is that don't.
One of the main reason night riding was cut back at BMRA was because of a motorcycle rider named Gary and since the attendance at BMRA is way down compared to when they allow it until midnight.

#239536 - 08/21/08 06:37 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Zacherd]
PILL Offline

In reply to:

I actually know that same kid you are talking about. He is a [email me] BTW.

On another forum someone posted something about this "security guard" actually being a guy who lives nearby and is just tired of all the noise and such. Not totally sure about that, but until trailsman is able to reply with who exactly he represents I doubt his credibility.

#239537 - 08/21/08 09:01 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: PILL]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth , Texas, USA
In reply to:

In reply to:

On another forum someone posted something about this "security guard" actually being a guy who lives nearby and is just tired of all the noise and such. Not totally sure about that, but until trailsman is able to reply with who exactly he represents I doubt his credibility.

I bet you wont doubt the credibility of the cop who has your vehicle towed
Thanks to the people who keep me riding.
My wife, My son, SMS Racing,
and all my friends in the offroad motorcycle world

#239538 - 08/21/08 09:21 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: penguin327]
PILL Offline

In reply to:

In reply to:

In reply to:

I bet you wont doubt the credibility of the cop who has your vehicle towed

He'll have to find me on the trails first

Seriously though, I wonder if a cop would actually try to find me inside of 360, because it would take a half a dozen cops to cover every entrance and exit?

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page