TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 175 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#239509 - 12/15/06 03:51 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
rwh64 Offline

Dont know if its legal.. but back in october of 06 [2 months ago]. i saw a dumbass knocked unconscious from not wearing a helmet , and hitting a tree. The Ft .Worth cops and ambulance and fire dept. all came out cause the dude was back by the treehouses.. they parked right by where i was on euless main rd, and didnt say anything about people riding out there, several people went up and talked to the cops and then went right back to riding. anyway.. fun place to ride, but dont bring anything you would leave behind in your truck. there are thieves out there, at night people go into the woods and party all night long .

#239510 - 12/28/06 11:17 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
darkness450 Offline
New Boot

Loc: Texas
we go out there all the time and even ran into some cops and they said to just stay off the railroad tracks. so from what i can gather it is not illegal. the place is awsome and me and a couple of buds are going out there this weekend.

#239511 - 12/28/06 01:40 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: darkness450]
Summit Offline
Gang Member

darkness450 what part of 360 did you go to?

#239512 - 01/02/07 09:23 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Summit]
grissle Offline
New Boot

Loc: n dallas
Came to this site from googling for info about Trinity/360 area trails.

The area between Roy Orr and 360 has been torn up pretty good. Half the trails, maybe more, on the east side of 360 have dissapeared in the last 6 mos.

Someone told me a long time ago most the area's a floodplain and cannot be developed, ever. If the river started to overflow, that area is set aside to take it. No clue if they knew what they were talking about but from looking at the land, I can't imagine anyone trying to do anything with it besides turning it into a landfill mountain. and keeping people on those trails keeps the land honest-at least during the day. It's the stuff bad cop movies are made of at night.

On a nice weathered Sat afternoon its crowded... real crowded...throw in about 50 full size jeeps/BFT and you have a dangerous mix. Everyone 's been sharing and the larger 4x4 vehicles have always given up right of way in a pinch but if you don't like bumping into a lot of them, don't go. You get a line of 10 of them going over their stunt ditch at like .73 mph and it can get frustrating.

Still, with my sched I can't drive to RR all the time so I hope the trails stick around. The best time to go is during the week, its usually a ghost town.

#239513 - 01/25/07 10:43 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: grissle]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth , Texas, USA
I started riding at 360 in 1969 and will never go back now. Unless you are desperate I would not ride at 360. I stopped riding there 15 years ago because of the crowds, trash, stolen cars and deterioration of the trails. It is private land or corp of engineers land and all it takes is a phone call to the PD to have the cops out there writing people up. 4X4's, quads and bikes do not mix on a non regulated trail. There are some MX tracks close to the metroplex and that is where I spend my time when I m not racing TCCRA or TORN. I avoid totally open riding non-directional areas nowadays because in a collision with anything bigger than a bike you are going t lose big time. the land east of 360 that can be developed is being developed and the developers are not going to want a bunch of crazy offroaders as neighbors. Start looking for somewhere else to ride because 360 will soon be history
Thanks to the people who keep me riding.
My wife, My son, SMS Racing,
and all my friends in the offroad motorcycle world

#239514 - 12/01/07 09:20 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: LauraTheBum]
stikylis Offline

i have been going to the trails on 360 for several years now and i have only seen police presence out there maybe a total of 3 or 4 times....they never harass anyone unless you get caught acting like a moron. Usually if they show up its because someone has done something illegal like stole a car and the police beleive that it may turn up in the trails. I can tell you that they can get their crown vics' into the treehouse area from the smoothe way in but i have never seen it happen. They are generally ignorant to the fact that the 4wd enthusiasts visit the trails with frequency. As i said i have never had any problems, but that dosent mean that someone else hasnt. Like i read in some of the other forums, it all depends on the mood of the law officials. Has anyone been out to the trails lately? I need to know how wet it is as i am a rather smaller 4wd owner and i dont want to take the chance of getting stuck. I just bought my 98 dodge 1500 and havent had it in the mud yet so i dont know how well it will act. If anyone is planning on going in the next few weekends please let me know, maybe we can hook up and go in together just for the simple fact that i may need someone to pull me out, or vice-verca. You can email me at Stikylis_unlimited@yahoo.com or call me at 903-449-6474.

#239515 - 01/04/08 10:31 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: stikylis]
TX21 Offline
TON Member

Loc: DFW
I havent been out there in about a year, sad I used to be out there every weekend three years ago. Kinda miss it, I live 1 mile from the place so you can see why I used to go all the time. They already took out the area off Booth Calloway & Main st. where there used to be a tabletop jump. Used to be a nice marked trail that not many people knew about where it was only big enough for a bike. It was about a 2 mile loop. Then some guy bought the land and started chasing people off the land (I don't blame him). Had some good times out there, I remeber when I could ride all the way to Valley View in Irving from Main St. in Euless without seeing anyone.
Yamaha by choice #314 over 30 armature TORN
16' Yz250F Bills pipe, Rekluse Z-Start Pro, Left hand rear brake

#239516 - 01/04/08 06:41 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: TX21]
BENNY Offline
!

Loc: Waxahachie tx
yeah 360 been in my family for a while. when my dad was young he used to go there. i went there once and it is nice but most of the trails where ran down by 4x4's. sadly 360 is geting smaller by the day .

#239517 - 01/11/08 05:28 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
outlawoffroadofaz Offline

Loc: Decatur, TX
anything down there(360) for trucks?? i know how you feel, state land in phoenix seems to disappear over night. we had to start driving 30 mins to go wheelin, instead of the usual left turn from the neighborhood. but out there, you could just run from the sheriff if you were on a bike, most guys rode from there houses anyway. no loading and unloading.

#239518 - 01/11/08 12:53 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: outlawoffroadofaz]
jefe69 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: DFW
Yes trucks frequent the area often.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program