TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
RLE, Tracks2012, 01KXOneTwo5, BULTACO_MAN, Chelsea M
23163 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23163 Members
50 Forums
38017 Topics
248880 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
2022 KTM 250 XC TPI just 3 hrs
by POZOS
11/04/22 03:29 PM
2021 cobra 50 fwe
by Leecooperupton
11/04/22 05:40 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#239489 - 07/10/06 01:02 PM 360 Trails in Arlington
journies Offline
New Boot

Loc: Texas

Does anyone know what the situation is with the 360 trails in Arlington? Who owns the land, and it is truly "legal" to be riding dirt bikes in this area? These trails are awesome, and I hope they will remain open to people. I was truly disappointed to see all of the nasty trash people leave behind. It is folks like these that will get the parks closed down for everyone. Brandie

#239490 - 07/11/06 01:44 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
LauraTheBum Offline
Ms.Chievious

Loc: Azle, TEXAS
It is in no form or fashion "legal"

#239491 - 07/12/06 12:20 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: LauraTheBum]
journies Offline
New Boot

THanks for the reply. How did you find out that it is illegal? Who owns the land? People have been riding out there since I was a little girl (I am almost 30). The police were patroling the area when we were riding and did not stop anyone from unloading their bikes, so it makes the picture even more confusing. I am just trying to understand what is going on out there because soooooo many people think it is ok to go there. If we are not suppose to go, we will stop. Thanks, Brandie

#239492 - 07/12/06 04:09 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
joelmacdad Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Haslet, TX
The 360 area in Arlington has been under "legal" debate for years. Some have said the east side of 360 is illegal, the west side is legal and vice versa. What is known for sure is that none of the land east or west of 360 is public. It is not park land. It is all privately owned land (well, some around the river is Corp of Engineers land). Just because there is no fencing in some places does not mean it is public land (some have debated that topic even!).

As far as police patrol goes, I think it totally depends on their mood. I guarantee that all Euless, Arlington, Fort Worth or whatever city police officers know the land is private. Whether or not they want to stop you is totally up to them. If you are speeding and pass an officer with a radar gun out, but he doesn't pull you over, why doesn't he? Maybe he just doesn't want to. Maybe he is looking for someone going even faster. Same goes for the 360 area. If the number of stolen vehicle dumps are up, I'm sure more tickets will be written. If riders are riding peacefully w/o drinking, riding on the streets, disturbing others then you may just be lucky and they leave you alone. You just never know.

I will stay away from the area simply based on that unknown.

YMMV

#239493 - 07/25/06 02:30 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: joelmacdad]
Redneck2 Offline
New Boot

Loc: Euless Texas
From what I have heard from several officers, and the fact the it was listed as an off road park on Petersons 4 wheel and off road a few years ago, it is legal. If you get east of 360, and south of the Trinity river, you are in Grand Prarie. Supposedly the act of operating any vehicle off road is illegal in that city. Been going out there for years and no problems except in Grand Prarie. I unload at the bottom of the hill where Euless Main dead ends into a gravel road. But I wouldnt leave anything out there after dark....

#239494 - 08/04/06 11:10 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Redneck2]
jeffd Offline
TON Member

Loc: Allen, TX
so how do you get there? where is it *exactly*??

TORO Old N' Slow Class (+40C) #613

Special thanks to my current sponsors:
Ready Racing, SixSixOne, Panolin, Braking, and MGX Graphics

#239495 - 08/04/06 12:18 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: jeffd]
Redneck2 Offline
New Boot

In reply to:

so how do you get there? where is it *exactly*??

From 360 take Trinity going west. When you come to Euless Main turn left (south) again. Follow it down, past Calloway Cemetary Rd, and down a hill into a field. That about it.

#239496 - 10/10/06 10:04 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Redneck2]
jrhurst76067 Offline
TON Member

would someone mind google earthin it and puttin markers on it , or postin some other kind of map for us out of towners ? Thanks

Also , i was lookin at it on google earth and i saw a mx track pretty close . Do the trails ride up to the track ?

#239497 - 10/10/06 07:37 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: jrhurst76067]
lastlapracer302 Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Richardson, Texas
No that is mosier valley mx that has been shut down for quiet some time.. However, it is right east of there..

Kevin
Kevin Miller #117

2006 TORCS Sport 15-29 C Champion

2003 KX250

#239498 - 10/25/06 05:51 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: lastlapracer302]
hunterlrm Offline
New Boot

Loc: FORT WORTH, TX
ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT DO NOT GO ON THE EAST SIDE OF HWY 360. WE WERE OUT THERE LAST WEEK AND WE RAN INTO SOME CONSTRUCTION WORKERS AND THEY SAID THAT THE COPS WERE JUST OUT THERE BACK ON THE TRAILS LOOKING FOR STOLEN CARS. ALSO SOME EQUIPMENT WAS DAMAGED. I AM SURE YOU WILL GET IN TROUBLE IF THEY CATCH YOU. FROM NOW ON I AM GOING TO STAY ON THE OTHER SIDE. THERE IS NOTHING ON THE EAST SIDE BUT DEEP RUTS AND TRASH.

#239499 - 10/25/06 07:11 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: hunterlrm]
kylef008 Offline
Old Boot

Loc: AustinTX
we live in arlington and have been hoping for a good(close) place to ride-
where exactly is the place you seem to find the least trouble-

is it a very big area to keep you busy for a couple long rides?

what are the directions to this area-where you park and ride.

#239500 - 10/25/06 07:54 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: kylef008]
hunterlrm Offline
New Boot

Loc: FORT WORTH, TX
IF YOU ARE GOING NORTH ON HWY 360 TAKE THE TRINITY EXIT MAKE A U-TURN UNDER THE FWY AND GO BACK SOUTH ONTO THE HWY. YOU WILL SEE AN OPEN GATE ON THE RIGHT JUST AS YOU ARE MERGING ONTO THE HWY. TAKE A RIGHT AND PARK ON THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL. STAY ON THAT SIDE OF THE HWY DO NOT GO TO THE OTHER SIDE. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE OVER THERE, THE TRAILS GO BACK FOR ABOUT 4 MILES. FUN TRAILS TO RIDE.

RED 440EX

#239501 - 10/27/06 04:06 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: hunterlrm]
joelmacdad Offline
Old Boot

Can anyone PLEASE post something absolutely w/o a doubt that proves the west side is legal? I've been there and have been stopped on the west side. Once before I even unloaded at the end of Euless Main.
Thanks.

#239502 - 10/27/06 06:00 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: joelmacdad]
jrhurst76067 Offline
TON Member

i think it just depends on the mood of the officers . When i was there , i talked to several other riders ,and was told they frequent the place and see cops but never get ran off . Im sure , just like every other golden place like this , if we dont stay off the paved roads , and take our trash with us . It will only be a matter of time before it is closed down , and we will be left with even less places to ride . So , lets everyone do our part to not piss off land owners ,and local officials !!!

#239503 - 11/09/06 01:24 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: joelmacdad]
LauraTheBum Offline
Ms.Chievious

Loc: Azle, TEXAS
In reply to:

Can anyone PLEASE post something absolutely w/o a doubt that proves the west side is legal? I've been there and have been stopped on the west side. Once before I even unloaded at the end of Euless Main.
Thanks.

Unless you personally have permission from the land owners...or the Trinity River Authority makes an access plan.....
Then it's not legal.

Not getting hassled by the police dosen't make it legal.

But on a high note....if you are every fined for being out there....that money may end up in the TPWD pockets as future offroad grant monies.

Laura
TMTC OHV User Rep

#239504 - 11/10/06 05:03 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: LauraTheBum]
ktmlance Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Watauga, TX
I know that the police leave everyone alone because they are searching the area for stolen cars as it is a popular dumping/stripping site. Lots of questionable characters and potential for your stuff to be stolen. Short of living down the road and just wanting to take a test ride I would steer clear.

Lots of Legal places to ride. The best is Red River Motorcycle Trails.

#239505 - 11/11/06 12:09 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: ktmlance]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx

You know riding illegaly makes us all look like dumm a$$ hillbillies in the pubic eyes. No wonder it's so hard to find a place to ride nowdays....

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

#239506 - 11/13/06 02:27 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Fender_Bender]
TomXR400 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Your avatar is perfect for making that comment...

A couple of my budies ride out there all the time. I have only been out there once, and the whole time I felt like I just shouldn't have been there. I don't think I'll ever go again. Red River is way more fun anyway.

#239507 - 11/28/06 12:00 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: TomXR400]
journies Offline
New Boot

I do not feel that a lot of people that ride or have ridden at 360 really knew that it was illegal, especially since my family has ridden out there for more than 30 years without problems. Back in the day, they used to host cross country races through that area that headed toward Dallas. Because word of mouth spreads quickly amongst folks in the dirt bike community, many people headed out there (that I knew) because it was a local, beautiful place to ride. Their intentions were respectful. The problem is that is it has become a "fishy" area because of stolen cars, etc- that is not hard to believe given that it is about 2500 acres near the 9th largest city in the USA- hard to find that kind of greenbelt in the city- hence the difficulty to find local places to ride where you have room. I have talked with police while I was out there to report dumping- none ever made a comment about us even being there. I realize this does not officially make it legal, but albeit confusing... The issue is a mute point now- 360 will be gone soon. Natural gas wells are being put in as we speak, and a major housing development will go in June 07 off the the Euless Main entrance. For someone who grew up riding horses in the DFW area and learning early on that land is disappearing fast to housing and shopping malls, it is a sad reality that one day we will have to haul at least 2 hours to ride on a trail of any sort (those that live in DFW). A comment was made that there are many places to ride- I respectfully disagree is you are talking within a reasonable jaunt from DFW. Trails are going fast... The person that can afford to buy a nice piece of land here in the area to preserve a riding place will be doing us all a huge favor. Many people sell their bikes because local places to ride are hard to come buy... Brandie

#239508 - 11/28/06 12:45 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
joelmacdad Offline
Old Boot

Great post. It is sad, but just reality.

We are selling out b/c of this very reason and switching to mountain bikes. Many places in the area to do that, mostly free.

So, three bikes for sale, trailer, gear, etc.

#239509 - 12/15/06 03:51 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
rwh64 Offline

Dont know if its legal.. but back in october of 06 [2 months ago]. i saw a dumbass knocked unconscious from not wearing a helmet , and hitting a tree. The Ft .Worth cops and ambulance and fire dept. all came out cause the dude was back by the treehouses.. they parked right by where i was on euless main rd, and didnt say anything about people riding out there, several people went up and talked to the cops and then went right back to riding. anyway.. fun place to ride, but dont bring anything you would leave behind in your truck. there are thieves out there, at night people go into the woods and party all night long .

#239510 - 12/28/06 11:17 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
darkness450 Offline
New Boot

we go out there all the time and even ran into some cops and they said to just stay off the railroad tracks. so from what i can gather it is not illegal. the place is awsome and me and a couple of buds are going out there this weekend.

#239511 - 12/28/06 01:40 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: darkness450]
Summit Offline
Gang Member

darkness450 what part of 360 did you go to?

#239512 - 01/02/07 09:23 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Summit]
grissle Offline
New Boot

Loc: n dallas
Came to this site from googling for info about Trinity/360 area trails.

The area between Roy Orr and 360 has been torn up pretty good. Half the trails, maybe more, on the east side of 360 have dissapeared in the last 6 mos.

Someone told me a long time ago most the area's a floodplain and cannot be developed, ever. If the river started to overflow, that area is set aside to take it. No clue if they knew what they were talking about but from looking at the land, I can't imagine anyone trying to do anything with it besides turning it into a landfill mountain. and keeping people on those trails keeps the land honest-at least during the day. It's the stuff bad cop movies are made of at night.

On a nice weathered Sat afternoon its crowded... real crowded...throw in about 50 full size jeeps/BFT and you have a dangerous mix. Everyone 's been sharing and the larger 4x4 vehicles have always given up right of way in a pinch but if you don't like bumping into a lot of them, don't go. You get a line of 10 of them going over their stunt ditch at like .73 mph and it can get frustrating.

Still, with my sched I can't drive to RR all the time so I hope the trails stick around. The best time to go is during the week, its usually a ghost town.

#239513 - 01/25/07 10:43 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: grissle]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Fort Worth , Texas, USA
I started riding at 360 in 1969 and will never go back now. Unless you are desperate I would not ride at 360. I stopped riding there 15 years ago because of the crowds, trash, stolen cars and deterioration of the trails. It is private land or corp of engineers land and all it takes is a phone call to the PD to have the cops out there writing people up. 4X4's, quads and bikes do not mix on a non regulated trail. There are some MX tracks close to the metroplex and that is where I spend my time when I m not racing TCCRA or TORN. I avoid totally open riding non-directional areas nowadays because in a collision with anything bigger than a bike you are going t lose big time. the land east of 360 that can be developed is being developed and the developers are not going to want a bunch of crazy offroaders as neighbors. Start looking for somewhere else to ride because 360 will soon be history
Thanks to the people who keep me riding.
My wife, My son, SMS Racing,
and all my friends in the offroad motorcycle world

#239514 - 12/01/07 09:20 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: LauraTheBum]
stikylis Offline

i have been going to the trails on 360 for several years now and i have only seen police presence out there maybe a total of 3 or 4 times....they never harass anyone unless you get caught acting like a moron. Usually if they show up its because someone has done something illegal like stole a car and the police beleive that it may turn up in the trails. I can tell you that they can get their crown vics' into the treehouse area from the smoothe way in but i have never seen it happen. They are generally ignorant to the fact that the 4wd enthusiasts visit the trails with frequency. As i said i have never had any problems, but that dosent mean that someone else hasnt. Like i read in some of the other forums, it all depends on the mood of the law officials. Has anyone been out to the trails lately? I need to know how wet it is as i am a rather smaller 4wd owner and i dont want to take the chance of getting stuck. I just bought my 98 dodge 1500 and havent had it in the mud yet so i dont know how well it will act. If anyone is planning on going in the next few weekends please let me know, maybe we can hook up and go in together just for the simple fact that i may need someone to pull me out, or vice-verca. You can email me at Stikylis_unlimited@yahoo.com or call me at 903-449-6474.

#239515 - 01/04/08 10:31 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: stikylis]
TX21 Offline
TON Member

Loc: DFW
I havent been out there in about a year, sad I used to be out there every weekend three years ago. Kinda miss it, I live 1 mile from the place so you can see why I used to go all the time. They already took out the area off Booth Calloway & Main st. where there used to be a tabletop jump. Used to be a nice marked trail that not many people knew about where it was only big enough for a bike. It was about a 2 mile loop. Then some guy bought the land and started chasing people off the land (I don't blame him). Had some good times out there, I remeber when I could ride all the way to Valley View in Irving from Main St. in Euless without seeing anyone.
Yamaha by choice #314 over 30 armature TORN
16' Yz250F Bills pipe, Rekluse Z-Start Pro, Left hand rear brake

#239516 - 01/04/08 06:41 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: TX21]
BENNY Offline
!

Loc: Waxahachie tx
yeah 360 been in my family for a while. when my dad was young he used to go there. i went there once and it is nice but most of the trails where ran down by 4x4's. sadly 360 is geting smaller by the day .

#239517 - 01/11/08 05:28 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
outlawoffroadofaz Offline

Loc: Decatur, TX
anything down there(360) for trucks?? i know how you feel, state land in phoenix seems to disappear over night. we had to start driving 30 mins to go wheelin, instead of the usual left turn from the neighborhood. but out there, you could just run from the sheriff if you were on a bike, most guys rode from there houses anyway. no loading and unloading.

#239518 - 01/11/08 12:53 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: outlawoffroadofaz]
jefe69 Offline
Gang Member

Yes trucks frequent the area often.

#239519 - 01/14/08 10:27 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: outlawoffroadofaz]
BENNY Offline
!

In reply to:

anything down there(360) for trucks?? i know how you feel, state land in phoenix seems to disappear over night. we had to start driving 30 mins to go wheelin, instead of the usual left turn from the neighborhood. but out there, you could just run from the sheriff if you were on a bike, most guys rode from there houses anyway. no loading and unloading.

yeah, we have a place just around the corner, but sadly the real-estate signs are going up across the street from it, so, better injoy it while u can . but the bad thing is about 360 is ITS NOT LEGAL!

#239520 - 04/07/08 03:37 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: BENNY]
grissle Offline
New Boot

Loc: n dallas
With construction picking up, east of 360 access fully shut down, massive holes left from huge 4x4's, erosion and parking issues on the west side I can only say..RIP 360.

It is done, stick a fork in it. There's only about 1/2 of the same stuff to ride that was there a year ago that was already cut way down from the years before. Add in that most of that has been ruined by 4x4's and rain and you have the final end of 360.

I can't see the locals putting up with the increased noise and traffic in the areas still left, especially around Tarrant Main or the apts. Last year no one really knew about Tarrent Main, now its a circus with the other side shut down.

#239521 - 06/22/08 07:07 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: grissle]
Brett92YJ Offline

My brother got a ticker today for trespassing on the land. I kind fo feel bad for showing him. haha

#239522 - 07/09/08 12:12 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
maicoman1991 Offline
New Boot

its not legal i know people who have gotten tickets out there for parking by the high way the spot to park ive been told is to get off at faa road and go back under the bridge and take the first dirt rode on the left or park in one of the parking lots on the right and walk your bike across the street thats what some freinds of mine do and they have never gotten tickets

#239523 - 07/13/08 06:28 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: maicoman1991]
Spineman Offline

We just left 360 two hours ago. Some guy on a red honda rancher told us he was the owner's land manager and it was closed for good. He told us next time our cars would be towed. As he was pulling out a stuck four wheeler I thought I heard him say that they were going to develop on land west of 360.
I guess that is the end of an era-where to ride now? It's a long drive to muenster.

#239524 - 08/03/08 12:48 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

You all might want to read this thread on another forum before you head out to 360 again:

http://www.tccra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25980

#239525 - 08/18/08 01:17 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: penguin327]
360trailsman Offline

I am the person that has been patroling the 360 trails and asking people for the last 6 weeks to kindly leave.
The 360 trails are closed from now on. I don't have to tell most of you the reason why but I will tell you others some of the reasons it is now closed.
1. trash and dumping
2. drug manufature in the woods.
3. lighting fires and leaving them.
4. drunks
5. destuction of property
6. cutting the locks off of gates
7. destroying the gates.
8. local resident complaints (noise, trash in their yards)
9. discharge of firearms
10. prostitutes
11. injuries of people
12. fireworks
13. dumping of stolen property (cars trailers)
14. defacing of the historical markers

This is just some of the problems that plague this area. I hope that all of you reading this will tell your freinds that this is not a good or safe area to come to.I do patrol this land at all times including as many of you have found out, in the middle of the night. Anyone from this time forward that is on this property or parking around this area will be issued a criminal tresspass citation and I will have their vehicles towed to the impound lot. It is very sad that this has happened but let this be a lesson that is learned and not repeated.

#239526 - 08/18/08 04:53 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 360trailsman]
PILL Offline

In reply to:

I am the person that has been patroling the 360 trails and asking people for the last 6 weeks to kindly leave.
The 360 trails are closed from now on. I don't have to tell most of you the reason why but I will tell you others some of the reasons it is now closed.
1. trash and dumping
4. drunks
7. destroying the gates.
9. discharge of firearms
10. prostitutes
11. injuries of people
12. fireworks

This is just some of the problems that plague this area. I hope that all of you reading this will tell your freinds that this is not a good or safe area to come to.I do patrol this land at all times including as many of you have found out, in the middle of the night. Anyone from this time forward that is on this property or parking around this area will be issued a criminal tresspass citation and I will have their vehicles towed to the impound lot. It is very sad that this has happened but let this be a lesson that is learned and not repeated.

You're never going to be able to stop people unless you turn the place into a freaking parking lot. IMO a legal wheeling weekend every month would be a much better solution since you can't really be out there 24/7.

Edited by PILL (08/18/08 06:33 PM)

#239527 - 08/18/08 06:43 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: PILL]
peakaboo Offline
Old Boot

In reply to:

In reply to:

1. trash and dumping
4. drunks
7. destroying the gates.
9. discharge of firearms
10. prostitutes
11. injuries of people
12. fireworks

You're never going to be able to stop people unless you turn the place into a freaking parking lot. IMO a legal wheeling weekend every month would be a much better solution since you can't really be out there 24/7.

I agree, the people that go out there to wheel are not the ones that do the 14 reasons posted above.
98% of the people that do are underage.

#239528 - 08/18/08 07:05 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: peakaboo]
Redneck2 Offline
New Boot

In reply to:

In reply to:

In reply to:

1. trash and dumping
4. drunks
7. destroying the gates.
9. discharge of firearms
10. prostitutes
11. injuries of people
12. fireworks

I agree, the people that go out there to wheel are not the ones that do the 14 reasons posted above.
98% of the people that do are underage.

Im waiting for the trial to come up. The grandson of the old lady who owns the place was arrested for criminal trespass a few days ago and the city is refusing to drop charges. How can you be arrested for being on your own family's property? Some stupid cops seem to think that the companies who are building the gas wells out there own the property, but the only have a surface lease, and thus NO say in who can or cant be allowed on the property. The owner claims that she has no problems with anyone out there on bikes, or in trucks, but had given the police permission to arrest anyone with booze or drugs on them. But, since the cops arrested her grandson, she has told the police to stay off or be shot. Personaly, Im staying away until everything is cleared up. Her son, and the father of the arrested grandson is a retired Marine sniper, so this could get interesting.

#239529 - 08/18/08 07:56 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Redneck2]
360trailsman Offline

I think it will be very funny for you to dress up as this mysterious Grandma to perpetuate this HOAX. I know the owners and this is the commom lie that you wild people tell to cover up your activity. Just tell me now who do you think owns the property??????? Do I hear silence?????

#239530 - 08/18/08 08:31 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 360trailsman]
Redneck2 Offline
New Boot

In reply to:

I think it will be very funny for you to dress up as this mysterious Grandma to perpetuate this HOAX. I know the owners and this is the commom lie that you wild people tell to cover up your activity. Just tell me now who do you think owns the property??????? Do I hear silence?????

Wild people? I dont drink on the trail, I dont screw up other peoples stuff, and I always take a trashbag full of other peoples crap out when I leave a trail. Ive been "treading lightly" all the years that Ive been wheeling and riding. That being said, I havent been out there in several years due to the thieves, and crooked cops that dont know what they are doing. The last time I was out there(2004 or so), I saw a rider getting arrested, but the cop didnt say a word to the mexicans that were dragging a caddy down the trails behind a 4x4. Most people dont wheel El Dorodo's with 22" wheels and screens all over the inside of the car.

Which part are you talking about? The land on the east side of the freeway is owned by different people than that on the west side. Ive been told that there are 5 different pieces of property that are in no way marked, yet are owned by different people.

The person who told me about the "grandma" is a friends mom. She claims to be divorced from "granny's" oldest son. I dont see her as being a liar, and doubt many people are as law abbiding as she is.

I doubt I would be able to be a fill-in granny, as Im male, 26, 6'3" and 200lbs. Ive never seen a granny that looks much like me. But as I said before, I will stick with Barnwell, Katempsy, Disney Ok, and a few trips to Moab. Slickrock is more fun than mud that smells like raw sewage. But then again, there are rumors that people are being kept away to hide the illegal dumping done by area buisness.

#239531 - 08/18/08 10:09 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Redneck2]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

I cannot believe some of you people. It's always someone else who is doing the destruction and other crimes, not you, so why should you have to behave like a law abiding citizen? All you dumba$$es have been warned, so keep on going out there and be prepared to take your medicine.

BTW there are no tresspassing signs all over the place, I guess you didnt see them when you knocked them down with your 4X4

#239532 - 08/18/08 10:52 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: penguin327]
PILL Offline

In reply to:

I cannot believe some of you people. It's always someone else who is doing the destruction and other crimes, not you, so why should you have to behave like a law abiding citizen? All you dumba$$es have been warned, so keep on going out there and be prepared to take your medicine.

BTW there are no tresspassing signs all over the place, I guess you didnt see them when you knocked them down with your 4X4

Actually, when i came in last week i didn't see a single sign. I just left because we saw to guys getting out shotguns to go shooting, and we figured that it would be a good time to get out before we get shot.

Trailsman, if you don't mind me asking, who exactly are you representing by guarding 360?

Edited by PILL (08/18/08 10:58 PM)

#239533 - 08/19/08 02:29 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: PILL]
peakaboo Offline
Old Boot

The property actually is around 2000 acres total that is going to be developed by a large development company as a river walk style community, houses, retail, offices etc. etc.
It is located east of the highway between the railroad tracks and the river.
The guy patrolling the property is a security guard working for the company nothing more than that.
People simply need to stay off of this property. It has been in front of the Arlington city council for almost 2 years. It is not some grandmother that owns it, she may own a the area just inside the yellow gate off of Tarrant Main but ALL of the surrounding property from the RR tracks north to the river south, highway 360 east and Collins west is owned by Huffines and is considered the Viridian Development.
It all came to a head a few months ago when the Arlington Police Department started warning people to stay out. They were patrolling the property known as the "tree house" and running off all of the teenagers who were mostly underage drinking and everything else that goes with this. Everything from stolen vehicles being left here to numerous people discharging firearms.
If I were to assume I would assume that if it were just people going out there to offroad, load up and go home none of this would have been an issue but that has not been the case.

#239534 - 08/21/08 09:50 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: peakaboo]
Zacherd Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Keller, Tx.
My best friend has been going to that treehouse for quite some time with his new friends [son of the owner of Full Boar Cycles] and I know exactly what goes on out there at around 10pm till whenever [This is when I get a text from him, "Dude we at the treehouse n sumone just smoked 20 cigs at once!" or something I don't care about...]. I disagree with it 100%, and it does need to be controlled. But that is the 'treehouse', not the rest of the park. From what I understand the rest of the park is being trashed also though. So maybe after everything gets cleared up, all of us who just want to ride the park should start a petition to let us ride under certain circumstances, ie. not after dark, ect. But would all of this be worth it, just to have one more place to ride? Well, a place to ride is a place to ride. But with all the restrictions that would be put on us, it might just not fun. Last time I went out there, there were no trespassing signs all over the place. Mainly HIGH up on telephone poles. That was last year about this time.

As for you, Mr.Security Guard- I don't necessarily like your tone when it comes to us riders. I know that almost all of the riders on this forum just want to ride, not trash and break rules. Please don't rag on us all.

TORO c243, Torn 243, TCCRA j643

Thanks to:

Mom and Dad,
ASV Inventions,
Fluid Athlete Hydration,
Panolin Lubricants,
Steel MX Optics,
Sunstar Sprockets,
REV Graphx Custom Graphics

#239535 - 08/21/08 06:31 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Zacherd]
peakaboo Offline
Old Boot

In reply to:

My best friend has been going to that treehouse for quite some time with his new friends [son of the owner of Full Boar Cycles] and I know exactly what goes on out there at around 10pm till whenever [This is when I get a text from him, "Dude we at the treehouse n sumone just smoked 20 cigs at once!" or something I don't care about...]. I disagree with it 100%, and it does need to be controlled. But that is the 'treehouse', not the rest of the park. From what I understand the rest of the park is being trashed also though. So maybe after everything gets cleared up, all of us who just want to ride the park should start a petition to let us ride under certain circumstances, ie. not after dark, ect. But would all of this be worth it, just to have one more place to ride? Well, a place to ride is a place to ride. But with all the restrictions that would be put on us, it might just not fun. Last time I went out there, there were no trespassing signs all over the place. Mainly HIGH up on telephone poles. That was last year about this time.

As for you, Mr.Security Guard- I don't necessarily like your tone when it comes to us riders. I know that almost all of the riders on this forum just want to ride, not trash and break rules. Please don't rag on us all.

No night riding?? That is part of the reason BMRA has lost 1/2 of the traffic it had years ago.
What is so wrong with night riding?? We are not on motorcycles but full size rigs and there more people that prefer night wheeling than there is that don't.
One of the main reason night riding was cut back at BMRA was because of a motorcycle rider named Gary and since the attendance at BMRA is way down compared to when they allow it until midnight.

#239536 - 08/21/08 06:37 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Zacherd]
PILL Offline

In reply to:

I actually know that same kid you are talking about. He is a [email me] BTW.

On another forum someone posted something about this "security guard" actually being a guy who lives nearby and is just tired of all the noise and such. Not totally sure about that, but until trailsman is able to reply with who exactly he represents I doubt his credibility.

#239537 - 08/21/08 09:01 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: PILL]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

In reply to:

In reply to:

On another forum someone posted something about this "security guard" actually being a guy who lives nearby and is just tired of all the noise and such. Not totally sure about that, but until trailsman is able to reply with who exactly he represents I doubt his credibility.

I bet you wont doubt the credibility of the cop who has your vehicle towed

#239538 - 08/21/08 09:21 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: penguin327]
PILL Offline

In reply to:

In reply to:

In reply to:

I bet you wont doubt the credibility of the cop who has your vehicle towed

He'll have to find me on the trails first

Seriously though, I wonder if a cop would actually try to find me inside of 360, because it would take a half a dozen cops to cover every entrance and exit?

#239539 - 08/22/08 12:32 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: peakaboo]
Redneck2 Offline
New Boot

In reply to:

In reply to:

No night riding?? That is part of the reason BMRA has lost 1/2 of the traffic it had years ago.
What is so wrong with night riding?? We are not on motorcycles but full size rigs and there more people that prefer night wheeling than there is that don't.
One of the main reason night riding was cut back at BMRA was because of a motorcycle rider named Gary and since the attendance at BMRA is way down compared to when they allow it until midnight.

Only reason some places dont allow night riding is because too many people have loud rigs. My FJ40 had a tiny glasspack when I got it, loud and annoying. I threw a good Borla on it, and now its not any louder than my buddies 06 F150 thats stock. And it helped low end torque so it crawls better. Dont get me wrong, I love the sound of a small block Chevy at 9,000 rpm with open headers, but I would rather listen for breaking parts, or my spotter trying to keep me from rolling it.

Didnt Gary want to run off everything but dirtbikes? He struck me as a doutchebag that hated 4x4's.

#239540 - 08/22/08 03:01 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Redneck2]
peakaboo Offline
Old Boot

In reply to:

In reply to:

In reply to:

Only reason some places dont allow night riding is because too many people have loud rigs. My FJ40 had a tiny glasspack when I got it, loud and annoying. I threw a good Borla on it, and now its not any louder than my buddies 06 F150 thats stock. And it helped low end torque so it crawls better. Dont get me wrong, I love the sound of a small block Chevy at 9,000 rpm with open headers, but I would rather listen for breaking parts, or my spotter trying to keep me from rolling it.

Didnt Gary want to run off everything but dirtbikes? He struck me as a doutchebag that hated 4x4's.

I always felt he hated anything at BMRA but motorcycles, but he left a legacy if that is what I should call it. As far as a loud vehicle goes I run a stock muffler to make it quiet, I would stack 2 together if that is what it took to be able to wheel for more than 1 hour after the sun went down at BMRA. I work weird hours so midnight is not that late for me. I used to go to BMRA about 14 times a year. I usually had about 15 others in the group. After the wheeling rules changed to 10:00 PM that rudeness really come out in the property manager, he confronted people in a bad way and all of these people and countless others chose to never go back. All of this could have been resolved by the property manager being replaced by someone who likes other people. I see it as the TMTC org which I fully supported are losing about $600 a year in membership dues from the group that was with me the time he acted like an asshat. Now figure in the $9000 or so in entry fees and keeping him there as a property manager just sounds dumb. Now this is just the group that wheel with me that weekend, I have spoke to countless others that feel the same way. Just seams dumb to me.

OK My rant is off now..

#239541 - 08/23/08 08:46 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: peakaboo]
360trailsman Offline

I have a contract to provide security on this property as well as being a local resident. If you doubt me that is fine, just come on in and take your chances. We now have 24 hr onsite security to help you folks along.

Thanks

#239542 - 08/23/08 09:50 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 360trailsman]
peakaboo Offline
Old Boot

In reply to:

I have a contract to provide security on this property as well as being a local resident. If you doubt me that is fine, just come on in and take your chances. We now have 24 hr onsite security to help you folks along.

Thanks

I do not know who you are calling you folks, we do not trespass on that property.
Dare you ask for our help in spreading the word.

#239543 - 08/24/08 12:03 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: peakaboo]
Redneck2 Offline
New Boot

In reply to:

In reply to:

Thanks

I do not know who you are calling you folks, we do not trespass on that property.
Dare you ask for our help in spreading the word.

Only security I have heard of is for the gas wells. The only thing they can do is as you to leave the well site. Sounds like some douchebag that thinks he's god. Bet he was a hall moniter in school and got his butt whooped quite often. This idiot is making me want to finish my FJ40 asap just to go screw with him. US Marshal badge stands a lot taller in a court than an un-official security badge. It would be funny as heck if I had to arrest him for criminal trespass.

#239544 - 08/24/08 12:12 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Redneck2]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

The bottom line is you are not supposed to be on the property and making light of or condoning tresspassing is a pretty poor example of maturity. Do what you want and keep us posted when you get busted

#239545 - 09/11/08 01:54 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: joelmacdad]
D144 Offline

Loc: Austin, Tx
Newbie hello everyone. newbie here. Just happened to find your thread on a web search.
I grew up in Arlington, and am very failure with the area in question. Since the 80's that area has been a point of contention. Yes allot of people do go out there, yes it is private land, NO it is not legal to be there. Yes the cops will over look the average rider / off-roader. They are actually looking for the drugs, alcohol, stolen vehicles, ect. They gave up on enforcing the trespassing issue long ago. Personally I would avoid that area like the plague. The area has a history of death from drug over doses, dead body dumping, stolen vehicle strip and burns.
Yes the local police departments will pursue you through the trails. At one point they all had purpose build vehicle for that area. Another FYI, with a good portion of it falling under the COE, this makes it also accessible to the park rangers and game wardens. They will impound your vehicle if the catch you. 90% of the time they don’t have to give you your vehicle back.
Good luck, keep it safe and clean on the trail

#239546 - 10/25/08 07:33 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: D144]
KX500freak Offline
New Boot

Edited by KX500freak (10/26/08 11:25 AM)

#239547 - 10/25/08 10:11 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: KX500freak]
penguin327 Offline
Gang Member

let us know how it works out for you when the cops finally catch you.

#239548 - 10/26/08 11:05 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: penguin327]
KX500freak Offline
New Boot

Edited by KX500freak (10/26/08 11:24 AM)

#239549 - 10/26/08 02:23 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: KX500freak]
BENNY Offline
!

????

#239550 - 10/29/08 10:58 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: BENNY]
Zacherd Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Keller, Tx.
X2

TORO c243, Torn 243, TCCRA j643

Thanks to:

Mom and Dad,
ASV Inventions,
Fluid Athlete Hydration,
Panolin Lubricants,
Steel MX Optics,
Sunstar Sprockets,
REV Graphx Custom Graphics

#239551 - 01/07/09 10:23 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Zacherd]
szrider Offline

Like many I used to go to 360 as a kid 1970 and again early 90s. The dangerous thing about that place in the 90s was dune buggys and drunks, not a good mix for dirt bikers, The farther back in time you go, The better it was, Its time has long past but it was magical back when"Old Terrible, Telephone pole hill"and riding across the old Train trestle were the talk at the local bike shop. RIP 360. SZ.

#239552 - 01/10/09 02:31 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: szrider]
twostroker Offline

I went to 360 back in the 80's and haven't been since. Does anyone remember the trails in Dallas that were off of I20 and I beleive Seagoville rd. It was open to the public and free. It had trails as well as an MX track. I think it would be considered Pleasent Grove now. I know that part of the world is different now than it was back in the 80,s but it was a great place to ride.

#239553 - 02/11/09 01:21 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: journies]
RHall63 Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Texas, Jack county
IAM 46 YEARS OLD STARTED RIDING AT 360 WHEN i WAS 8 IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO RIDE THEIR IT HAS TO BE POSTED TO THE PUB. STAY OUT THEN AND ONLY THEN AFTER THEY GET THIRD PARTY INVOLED WITCH WOULD BE THE LAW. THEN LEGALY THEY CAN KEEP YOU OUT .BIKES HAVE SQUATED THAT PROP. FOR YEARS WITH THE RIGHTS BEING FOR THE BIKES BUT EVERY ONE WOULD HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT.

#239554 - 02/11/09 01:29 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: RHall63]
RHall63 Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Texas, Jack county
BOTTOM LINE RIDE WERE IT IS SAFE AND THEIR IS NOT AN ISSUE LIKE THIS ONE. IF WE WORK WITH THE LAW INSTEAD AGAINST IT WE WILL HAVE PLACES TO RIDE.

#409204 - 04/14/09 10:07 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: RHall63]
HoPpA Offline

Loc: Irving TX
So..I saw 4 trucks parked just off the highway on the entrance on Sunday...any1 wanna go wheelin? I have a 4x4 and I am sorry if it screws it up for you bikers..(I ride a Harley also) but I wanna go muddin..so PM me if your intrested...I am not drinkin or littering just wanna have a lil fun..arrest me for that? I bet alot of police men have 4x4s an dirtbikes also(or wish they did)...that is why you see so many police ignoring the average offraoder that is up to 'all good'.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x94/Rusty69chevy1/Picture029.jpg

#501449 - 04/14/11 06:24 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: HoPpA]
m-mccoy Offline

Loc: Richardson, tx
any recent developements with this area going on, i was out there in my jeep and saw a couple people out there cruisin around. the gates were open, didn't see the famous security guard but it seems like that was a couple years ago. wonder whats goin on out there now. anybody got anything

#512107 - 09/07/11 12:07 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: m-mccoy]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

Loc: Arlington, Tx
So does anyone rie here anymore? I keep seeing trucks and bikes there. I work in a shop at one of the entrances at trinity and was told by a fellow wheeler that he goes in his blazer all the time. cops told him recently that as long as he doesnt cross any no trespassing signs or gates that he is okay to wheel there. Its is on the North Bound side of 360. Not the Euless Main side. Just curious. I am playing an after work ride with a friend at work one day this week and wanted to see if anyone else has any thoughts regarding the situation or recent endevours there.

#512227 - 09/08/11 02:51 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
MuddyKLX Offline
New Boot

Hey Stinger, can you tell me where I can enter the area east of Hwy 360? I checked out the Euless Main entrance a few months ago and it appears to be gated off with no evidence of any offroad activity. It remains a hugh piece of tempting offroad turf, if only I knew where to park and unload my bike. Anybody know?

#512263 - 09/08/11 10:11 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: MuddyKLX]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

i will pm you.

#512265 - 09/08/11 10:17 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

that really sucks about 360. MuddyKLX check your pm box bro.

#512269 - 09/08/11 10:38 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
jefe69 Offline
Gang Member

So what was the info yall got in your PM. I'm interested

#512272 - 09/08/11 11:05 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: jefe69]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

It was basically directions to an open area that cops do not mind us riding as long as we do not cross any no trespassing signs or fence lines onto private property. I have a friend at work that rides there all the time that see the police there every so often and this is what he was told. It really isnt a big secret. I dont even know why I PM it since I really should share the location. Everyone needs a place to romp.

Go 360 to Post and Paddock. Exit the freeway and head East. when you get to the next light, North Great Southwest Pkwy, make a left. Go to the end of the road and down the gravel path. It has access to the trails from there. I am not sure how many people actually know of this entrance since I work right there and never see anyone down there. I checked it out yesterday and it is all open. I was told to watch for car vandles. They like to creep around there at night and on weekends.

Maybe I will see some people out there. I am trying to get out there Saturday with a friend. I will post more after we ride it out.

#512305 - 09/09/11 04:17 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
mystic96 Offline

The last time I went out on the trails with some friends, this is the place we went in at. This was probably back around 2003 though. Haven't been out since. Haven't had a 4x4 of my own, nor anyone else I could ride out with. We would go down the hill from the end of Great Southwest and it would come to a cliff over the Trinity. There was a steep steep trail that led down to the river where you could cross and go back into the woods. There was a shell of a burned out Jeep right in the middle of the water. We would drive up and over it and snap pics of us standing on it.

Heading south on 360 past Trinity right at the TRE bridge, there is a gate on the right shoulder. Sometimes I see the gate shut, sometimes it's open. I never see anybody up on those trails though.

But it's sounding like the trails on the west side of 360 are pretty much off limits, but on the east side they'll cut us some slack?

We bought a K5 early this year and have been dying to take it out. I've just never been too keen on going out by myself. If anyone is gonna be out there please shoot me a PM!

#512323 - 09/10/11 12:24 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: mystic96]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

I will be out there on Saturday or Sunday. Not sure what day yet though. I will pm you and let you know though.

#512349 - 09/10/11 07:04 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

Decided to go in the morning after all. Yz426f with #29 on plates if anyone wants to ride along.

#512576 - 09/13/11 05:15 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
jefe69 Offline
Gang Member

Did you end up going? How was it?

#512587 - 09/13/11 08:49 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: jefe69]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

I went out for 45 minutes then I had a problem with my bike so i loaded up to go home. My diaphragm sprung a leak so I am taking care of that this week then going back out. I work right there and I parked in my shop. When I was loading up to go home, I saw a ton of people going down there. 1 truck with a trailer looked like it had 6 bikes on it or so. then another guy with a truck had his 4 wheeler in it headed that way too. I did come across one guy out there riding a KTM. Other than that it was kinda quiet till I got ready to go home. Cops have been cruising around out there but not messing with anyone.Just cruising the streets looking for people doing bad things. Thats normal out there though. Especially on the weekends. Hopefully this weekend I can get alittle farther. They are calling for rain this Sunday but I bet we dont get any. If not, I will be there again for sure.

#512702 - 09/15/11 12:58 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
360trailsman Offline

Hey Stinger, what time are you going to come and trespass on our land? Myself and the Arlington PD would like to meet you for coffee.

#512708 - 09/15/11 02:27 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 360trailsman]
Bud Administrator Offline

Loc: Garden Valley, TX
360trailsman - provide me your name, company name, and phone number. I'd like to talk to you.

#512825 - 09/16/11 10:56 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 360trailsman]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

Originally Posted By: 360trailsman
Hey Stinger, what time are you going to come and trespass on our land? Myself and the Arlington PD would like to meet you for coffee.

Thank you but I do not drink coffee. I will take a nice cold sweet tea though. Just Kidding. Make sure you show me where the gates are that have had the locks cut off and the no trespassing signs that state the obvious, "no trespassing" or " Historical Marker" as you have posted here on TON before. Look, if you are the owner of this property, please do post up a no trespassing sign and install a gate at all entrances. You have the Arlington PD arrest one, they have to arrest all of us. I would almost believe that 99% of the people on this forum are not the bad people tearing up the property. We are just out looking for a nice place with space to ride. So, if we are not wanted then post up signs and make it known. We arent looking for trouble or to get someone mad. Once I have been told by an official owner or law officer to stop going on the property or a sign is posted saying we have to keep out, I will no longer step foot to the property again. Im not trying to cause trouble. There are no fence lines or signs anywhere near the area what so ever. The PD are telling people out there that as long as we do not cross any fence lines or no trespassing signs, we are ok. You might follow up with the PD and ask them what there street cops are telling people. I think the problem is that you are talking to the Arlington PD. Wrong side of the highway sir. Im on the Grand Prairie side. Arlington PD doesnt patrol that area. Grand Prairie does. I have worked in that area for several years. All the officers that visit our facility on that road for whatever reason are Grand Prairie PD.

I am not trying to comes across as a mean person. Please do not take this the wrong way. Usually a land owner that wants people to stay clear of their property put up fences, gates, signs, etc. Not threatening posts on a forum.

Edited by STINGER1133 (09/16/11 11:08 PM)

#512853 - 09/17/11 05:52 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
jefe69 Offline
Gang Member

Check your pm's stinger

#513144 - 09/21/11 09:30 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: jefe69]

The guy (?) is nothing but a local NIMBY. I would not waste a single second with him. We will keep him around just for fun. I hope he comes back so we can have some intelligent discussions. Otherwise, I'll just subscribe him to every porn and spam site on the internet and them blow him away from the forums.

#513157 - 09/21/11 01:05 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Bud]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

Lol. That's a good idea.

#513307 - 09/23/11 08:33 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
360trailsman Offline

I would like to meet anyone to talk face to face about this,answer questions,clarify all. I can have law enforcement there or not. We can meet on public property (South Euless Main and Calloway Cemetery Rd.)bring your lawn chair and your favorite beverage. I feel that by using these forums the message can be spread that this land is closed. I will be at this location Saturday, September 24th(this weekend)at 6:00pm and look forward to meeting you.

Thanks, 360trailsman

#513329 - 09/23/11 12:47 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 360trailsman]

Talking to you would be a waste of time. You have no authority whether you call the cops or not. Do what you must.

I was right about you being a NIMBY though. Oat Street is pretty close. So the idea is to run all the motorized folks off so that the property can be used for what? Fossil hunting?

I would think someone as yourself would understand that the OHV community goes to 360 because there is no other place available in the DFW area. It has been that way since the beginning of time. I went there in the 60's. Will you help us find additional recreational areas? Do you think that by closing 360 the OHV community will go away? Don't you know that to "control" a group you must provide them an appropriate location to enjoy their sport? How would you feel if the OHV community took over all your fossil trails?

If you want to participate in our forums, you must do more that complain and threaten. For what it is worth, the Texas Offroad Network is a privately owned forum and you are here as our guest.

#513339 - 09/23/11 02:15 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Bud]
360trailsman Offline

The offer still stands and I will be there, I am the caretaker of this land.I thank you for allowing me to post on this subject. I would think that a well respected website forum like this would want to promote legal and responsible land use. You asked for my phone number and I gave it to you,please feel free to call. In my previous post I mentioned police or no police, this was not to threaten any of you but if you would like them to tell you that the land is closed and I am who I say I am this will set the record straight. Thanks 360trailsman

#513380 - 09/23/11 08:55 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 360trailsman]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

We do promote legal land use. We dont stop because someone decides to come to a forum and try to throw some weight around with no kind of authority whatsoever. We still have no proof of the land owner stating anywhere that we are off limits to the property. Nor are there any signs and fences at the entrances. No excuses. If the signs were ran down by a 4X4 as you claim then you didnt do your job to repost them immediatley. You left them wide open. If the gates had the locks cut off, then you didnt relock them or try to fix them. I drive by the one on 360 off the shoulder everyday and that gate is still open after more than 6 months. Never relocked or any signs posted to stay out. What a way to keep control of the property. Leaving them open for as long as they have been tells me you are promoting the OHV community to enter the property.

So Mr. Caretaker, is your meeting to cover Grand Prairie also ? That is owned by another individual. Not you or whoever you work for. Alot of us are not on your side of the road. We are a group of people that enjoy a certain sport or whatever you want to call it. Like Bud said, since the 60's people have been there riding and enjoying the outdoors. That is what we do. The OHV community will be here long after you and all of us are gone. It will never go away. As many times I and other have been there, I can tell you it was because we want to ride. Not to make a mess of the property. As long as there are no legal signs or fences outlining the off limit area, you cant stop us. Niether can the police. You know it and they know it too. All you can do is ask us to leave until the property has been setup with the proper fences and signs. No excuses. You want to do it the correct way, put it in the papers and get a news crew to post it on the news. Put up the signs and the fences that are required to keep people off the land. What makes the owner of 360 trails any different than the next man that owns a piece of land and wants people to stay off? Make your actions legal. Post the signs and fences. A meeting in that area to stop the riding wont do it. There are people from all over the DFW area that ride their. They will not waste their time to show up to a meeting that has a few locals participate. Our sport, hobby, etc. is a leisure. Not to do unlawful things or make people angry.

My advise to you sir is to do your job to the landowner that pays you and fix the gates, signs and fences around the area. Not walk out your front door when you hear someone riding and try to stop them because they were close and you didnt have to go far.

#513478 - 09/26/11 12:51 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
TTUGrad95 Offline

Loc: Plano, TX
Good lord this thread is still active? Guys riding or looking to ride there, as with about 99% of land in TX this is private property. There doesn't have to be fences or signs for it to be considered trespassing. Use your common sense, you don't need that guy, if he is legit, or the police to tell you it is considered trespassing, it is. He shouldn't have to spend 10's of thousands of dollars to fence off land just to keep you off, you should know better and just stay off unless you have specific permission otherwise. You can be arrested and charged at any point, doesn't matter how long it has been since the police ran you off. It would be nice if the owner would open it up to riding but he doesn't want to, that's his right and all the illegal riding and other illegal activity there over the years sure hasn't given him the best view of us as a whole. Do yourself and the rest of us who ride legally a favor and stay off this person's land. Your giving the rest of us a bad reputation and endangering the sport as a whole. There are places and groups trying to outlaw offroading completely and things like this only gives them ammunition. Go support some of the local legal riding areas so they can stay in business and available for our use.

#513481 - 09/26/11 01:17 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: TTUGrad95]
STINGER1133 Offline
New Boot

Really? A bad rep? Im not on this guys property and have permission to ride the area im in already. State law says private property should have some sort of sign posted or something to that effect if you want people to stay off. Look it up bro. People have been out there for years riding. 100's of people. Not just me.

#522014 - 01/05/12 03:41 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: STINGER1133]
673raptor Offline

Loc: mansfield,tx
has anyone been out to the 360 trails lately i was wondering if people where still going out there or not?

#522298 - 01/09/12 12:40 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: 673raptor]
selfdestruct80 Offline

I went out this past saturday evening off the old entrance from great southwest, and it was gated and locked shut with a sign "private property - no trespassing" Not sure what happened in the interim from the last time I was out there a few months ago, but looks like its now officially closed. Unless you take an alternate route in... Anyone been going out there anyways?

#522696 - 01/12/12 10:58 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: selfdestruct80]
selfdestruct80 Offline

Not sure who the landowner is or if anyone else knows. But If the property has been used for 30 years as some claim for offroading then i'm sure the owner never really minded us using the property. I think the problem comes from the criminal activity surrounding the area, stole cars, drugs, trash, and what not. If someone knows the owner then couldn't a deal be worked out where the property is cleaned by volunteers once per month, and the gates are closed during night to avoid illegal car dumping? Seems like this would be a win win, we would get a great spot back in the middle of the DFW, and the property will be upkept and free of trash. Just making a suggestion. Seems like everyone wants to claim rights to something but not really do any of the dirty work to keep it up. There is an offroad mountain bike community that does just this. They create and maintain biking trails around the DFW area on public and private land. They host volunteer weekends to clean up and mow the trails. Why can't this be done for the 360 trails?

#525277 - 02/04/12 05:28 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: selfdestruct80]
slo Offline

From what I have been able to gather, there is more than one owner for the land on the West side of Hwy 360 going over to Euless Main St. I have not done any research on the land to the East. I also have not been to these trails, but I am in the process of trying to establish contact with one of the owners of the majority of the land. If I can get contact with the ACTUAL OWNER, I am going to try and get the plans for the property and also see if something can be worked out to give permission in exchange for maintaining the area and ensuring nothing is dumped or damaged on the property. I have also sent 360Trailsman a message to see if he can verify who he maintains the area for and this will let me know if he really is appointed to take care of the property or not. I will update when I have more info.

#525468 - 02/06/12 02:08 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: slo]
slo Offline

This is what I have gathered. The vast majority of the land is owned by HC Viridian Investments, L.P. There is one small 9 acre tract of land owned by an individual back in there somewhere and that could be this 360Trailsman guy. I sent some emails trying to work out a deal for access if we had volunteers to keep the area clean and even offered to pay a land use fee. This is the response I received.

We appreciate your inquiry, but we would NOT be interested in allowing the use of the property for ANY access or off-road vehicles. We have spent 5 years securing the property by posting ‘No trespassing’ signs and locking all gates, sometimes on a daily basis. The gates, chains and locks have all been replaced many times in the last few years, due to vandals and trespassers. The signs have been removed and/or destroyed --often. Any help in getting the word out to the community, would be truly appreciated.

The police have issued tickets and often arrested trespassers for continued violations. Two weeks ago, no less than 50 tickets were issued by the Arlington Police on this site. So, please, let the community know this is not an area which access is allowed.

Best Regards,

Sue Blankenship

As you can see here, this is the ACTUAL OWNERS of the property and they do not want anybody back there. Personally I have not been there and now I will not go. I would advise everyone to stop going here, but that is only my advice. I wouldn't want to chance getting cited or arrested. I told Sue that I would spread the word. I would appreciate it if any of you other mature off-roaders out there would copy this email and spread the word also. I'm not sure of what the plans for the property are, but maybe if we do what they wish and stop vandalizing and trespassing on their property, there could be something worked out in the future. Sorry guys, but I tried... Guess I'll start looking into some of the closer places outside of the DFW area...

#525478 - 02/06/12 03:00 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: slo]
slo Offline

Adding to the other info... I've unfortunately learned that the land is going to be done away with basically. It is all going to be developed into a community and you can find more info here at these links:

http://www.huffinescommunities.com/comm-viridian.aspx

http://viridiandfw.com/

This is unfortunate...

#532340 - 04/03/12 10:57 AM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: slo]
selfdestruct80 Offline

Thanks for looking into it. Is the east side still ok? Dont care to go offroading really. Just want to go fishing lol

#563548 - 11/26/13 02:50 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: selfdestruct80]
Thunderbyu Offline

I was a patron back when 360 was active - Now the WED. night before Thanksgiving was a event ! I am curious if anyone plans on going there this 11\27\13 ??? There are all kinds of active trails and such. I went out there 11\23\13 and I was surprised at how many off-road vehicles were at the river crossing.;

#563658 - 11/28/13 06:42 PM Re: 360 Trails in Arlington [Re: Thunderbyu]
jefe69 Offline
Gang Member

Where are people parking?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program