TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#236658 - 06/11/06 09:21 PM Late Thanks !
txkatoomer Offline
TON Member

Loc: Fairview, Texas
I hope that the "better late than never" phrase applies here. My son and I both ran our first cross country races last weekend. I could not have had more fun and can't wait for the next race.

My son on the other hand had a rough time with a tree that would not get out of his way and broke his left wrist. The medics did a great job and I want to give a special thanks to preacher Jim with RFC ministries. RFC provides a great service to all of us who ride. We were waiting for my son to come through a spectator area after seeing him come through the moto section when preacher Jim found us to give us the news. He was great and my wife and I both wanted to make sure we thanked him ( Hope some one who may know preacher Jim passes this on ).

Thier was also a spectator back in those woods that helped my son back to the finish line area. Don't know who this was but is one of the parts about this sport that I like the most. It really is a community that watches out for each other and is always willing to help a fellow rider. I have been lucky enough to offer help while trail riding to others knowing that other riders would do the same. A broken bone is never any fun but it sure can remind you of the other great things about this sport and the people who are in it.

Last but not least - Thanks to Curtis,Angie and all at Torn for putting on such a well run event!

#236659 - 06/13/06 01:49 PM Re: Late Thanks ! [Re: txkatoomer]
daddyflea Offline

Loc: Riesel TX
We were pitted right beside you and did not know your son got hurt until after you left. Hope he heals soon

#236660 - 06/13/06 08:33 PM Re: Late Thanks ! [Re: daddyflea]
txkatoomer Offline
TON Member

He is doing fine now. We were so glad to see that your son (The Flea - we got a kick out of that all weekend) placed second in his class knowing that you said it was his first cross country race. We watched him during his race and he has real talent. Good luck to you guys and hope that you make it to the next TORN race.

#236661 - 06/14/06 07:21 AM Re: Late Thanks ! [Re: txkatoomer]
flipper Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Benbrook
Did your son ride the SUnday Program?

If so, Cody Potts #37 one of the Pro Riders walked up on him and helped him get back to the Scoring Area.

Hope all is well and he doesn't let this stop him form coming back out.

#236662 - 06/14/06 10:19 AM Re: Late Thanks ! [Re: flipper]
txkatoomer Offline
TON Member

He did ride on Sunday. I will make sure and tell Cody thanks if we run into him. He will be back out but it will be 5 more weeks in the cast. Bowie is not looking good for him right now as a rider anyway.

Moderator:  Torn_Racing 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page