TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#236534 - 06/09/06 02:18 PM Racer Classification
Blue_Racer Offline

Loc: Rockwall, TX
I have noticed that there are many riders racing down in class from TCCRA and TORO.

If a rider is classified as intermediate in another series, why would they register or be allowed to register as amateur in the TORN series without special permission?

Isn't the point of different classes, for a rider to test their skills against other riders from a similar skill set?

#236535 - 06/09/06 08:04 PM Re: Racer Classification [Re: Blue_Racer]
Fender_Bender Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Hamilton, Tx
Sandbagging my friend.........It's now the national past time....It also happens every time a new series starts up....
Samething in the TORCS series....

Sheldon
TORCS.....153

#236536 - 06/12/06 02:51 AM Re: Racer Classification [Re: Fender_Bender]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
Yep! Lot's of that going on.

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..strider class #15
Brynn.... future racer

#236537 - 06/12/06 11:51 AM Re: Racer Classification [Re: liss]
BIGHAL Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Plano
I race +30 Int TCCRA AND +30 B TORO and get beat every race. I dont want to ride With Hal Jr cause everytime I do he needs some kind of help thus throws my race out the window when I stop to help him.. I'm just the cook for Ya'll I got toooo many Steak Samiches on my mind to think about while I'm racin.. All I see are Burgers and Ribeye's in front of me.. LOL!!!

B625 2006
B525 2005
C111 2004 Open C CHAMP!!! WOO HOOO!!!

BIGHAL2000@YAHOO.COM

#236538 - 06/12/06 12:21 PM Re: Racer Classification [Re: BIGHAL]
liss Offline
Gang Mom

Loc: LOVING,TEXAS
In reply to:

I race +30 Int TCCRA AND +30 B TORO and get beat every race. I dont want to ride With Hal Jr cause everytime I do he needs some kind of help thus throws my race out the window when I stop to help him.. I'm just the cook for Ya'll I got toooo many Steak Samiches on my mind to think about while I'm racin.. All I see are Burgers and Ribeye's in front of me.. LOL!!!

You just focus on the food! That's all you need to do!

Sponsor:
Week's Muffler Bearings and Powerbands

Mom of:
Kate 815 R
Buddy 15 lb
many many others I claim
Grandma of:
Josie..strider class #15
Brynn.... future racer

#236539 - 06/12/06 02:11 PM Re: Racer Classification [Re: liss]
Torn_Racing Moderator Offline
Hall of Fame

As our series grows and our riders become more consistent we will get those who are not in their correct class. We made some bumps after the 2nd race and will again after the 4th race. We will be looking close at the Ladies classes. We realize you racers know these guys and they're only hurting themselves if their not riding where they should be. We can only go by their laptimes at each race. Dont worry you know Curtis will keep control of the situation.

#236540 - 06/12/06 02:13 PM Re: Racer Classification [Re: Blue_Racer]
dirtgirl Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Blooming Grove, Tx.
What a great point. I wonder why nothing has been done about it. It seems to me people that have raced a couple of seasons in one class as far as age and or skill level go would feel stupid signing up for the same lower level class in another series. Should not matter if it's a new series or not. When everyone knows what class you usually ride in, it's not like you are getting away with anything.
There are even people riding in C classes that have made the stage in other series B, or intermediate levels. Even a couple I know that have WON a series in a C class, that are STILL riding in a C class. Do these folks not want to get any faster?
I would want to race in a class where it would be difficult to win, but where you wouldn't get beat so bad you get discouraged. It's just not fair for the ones that really are in thier first yr or year and a half of racing, to have to race against people that have been racing for years, and who are good enough to make the top 10 in a higher level class. A possible exception would be a series not having the same age/skill level you have been riding in. In that case, riding in a lower level with kids might be a good solution. This is what I did in TORO last yr. The kids will always be faster than us old women!
If you study lap times, you can find a class you can compete in, but not have everyone talking crap about you behind your back. Oh, and lapping your own class, might be a good indication that you need to bump yourself.

#236541 - 06/12/06 04:38 PM Re: Racer Classification [Re: dirtgirl]
dirtnerd Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: Corinth, Texas
From what I heard from people at the races is that, if they sand bag, they are ensured of getting the booby prizes for first through 3rd. I am a bit discouraged being my first year racing, it is hard enough to survive the racing with out racing against people that should be in the upper classes.

I do like the other guy stated for Jim. He won even if he did come in 3th. The first few don't really count. I also checked they are B class in other series.

I am not complaining but my hats off to Rance for moving up since he was bumped in TORO to B class. Thanks.

Anyway the racing is great. The tracks are fantastic and the people are wonderful.

I still treasure my TORN towel I got from the first race.

TORN ROCKS

I big thanks to Curtis and Angie for this series.

Todd
TORN 589 W

Edited by dirtnerd (06/12/06 04:44 PM)
Thanks to my lovely wife for letting me race.

#236542 - 06/12/06 05:33 PM Re: Racer Classification [Re: Torn_Racing]
Foozer Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Little Elm, Texas
So what happens if someone gets bumped after the fourth race? Are they no longer eligible for overall awards?
Jimmy #541B

#236543 - 06/12/06 07:36 PM Re: Racer Classification [Re: Foozer]
Torn_Racing Moderator Offline
Hall of Fame

Sure they are as long as they have been racing all along. When we bump you don't lose all your points. You receive points from each race in the place you would have finished in that class you got bumped to. You have to run at least 5 races to be eligible for year end awards.

Edited by Torn_Racing (06/13/06 07:47 AM)

Moderator:  Torn_Racing 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page