TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 150 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205602 - 12/07/05 09:47 PM the motocross files
dirtclawd Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Anybody else enjoying 'The Motocross Files' on Speed TV, Tuesdays 9:30PM Central time? Each thirty minute episode is devoted to one of our motocross heroes... last week was Brad Lackey and this week was Marty Smith. Seeing all the cool vintage footage is a huge adrenaline rush... check it out!
John H - 2002 Yamaha YZ250F #235 - 1975 Bultaco Pursang 250 M135 - 2003 Honda XR70

#205603 - 12/08/05 09:22 AM Re: the motocross files [Re: dirtclawd]
My6 Offline

Loc: Houston
you bet cha! on last weeks episode they(roger decoster) talked a little about how brads going to cz school in czechoslavakia in the early 70's had helped him. i was all set to go to that school in 73, my parents were cool with it, i had talked my high school into it, i had my passport ready and all my luggage. the school was cancelled three weeks before i was to leave. oh well.

#205604 - 01/06/06 10:24 PM Re: the motocross files [Re: My6]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Garland, TX
WOW - missed all that but I still have all my scrapbooks with pictures and articles about those guys....What a great period!!! dee
Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#205605 - 01/09/06 06:35 PM Re: the motocross files [Re: dirtclawd]
Vintage_Vinnie Offline
Gang Boss

Loc: Dallas, Texas
That show ROCKS! It's been long overdue. I missed the Roger D episode, but caught Bob Hannah's and Brad Lackey's- both awesome. Is it just me, or is Bob Hannah just a little bit in love with himself?

#205606 - 02/13/07 11:02 PM Re: the motocross files [Re: Vintage_Vinnie]
YZFwarrior Offline

Where is Kent Howerton's feature? Texas own and greatest! 3 time National Champion Multi Trans AMA Champion ABC superbikers Champion Runner up AMA Supercross ,took it and gave it back to Hannah many times ,lots a rubbin' there! Still VERY fast MX & Hare Scrambles. Tell em',Speedvision,to feature him ,he certianly deserves it. Low key ,unassuming & modest man, unlike the punk who is leading the SX series presently. Go "Rhinestone"!!!!!!!!

#205607 - 02/14/07 11:17 PM Re: the motocross files [Re: YZFwarrior]
Bermbuster Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Helotes, Texas
Kent Howerton is my friend and neighbor. He always kids around about how he never got the attention that the other riders got. His quote to me was "the squeeky wheel get the grease" If you think about it, that is so true. People think because he is quiet that he is stuck up and all that, but I am here to say that he is the nicest person I know. He taught me so much when I was riding with him down south at his property. He doesnt reach out to me or anything like that but when I call him anytime and ask him a question he gives me all the time I need to talk with him. He is a very busy man but always finds time for me. I can tell you that when he was racing he was very focused and didnt talk very much. The stress must have been horrible to deal with.

#205608 - 02/15/07 12:17 AM Re: the motocross files [Re: Bermbuster]
observer Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Everett, WA
Being a Husky 250 rider in my latter days a hundred years ago, Kent Howerton was my absolute hero!
The guy had a great style,was FAST and was NOT a mouth.
I have wondered over the years how Kent is doing.I've read in MXA(I think)that he's got a construction? business in the San Antonio area? Is he still married to Jill-who he met at Husqvarna?

I can still see him jumping & roosting on that Husky with his stylish/colorful pants & red boots-like Semics. Cool.

#205609 - 02/15/07 03:42 PM Re: the motocross files [Re: observer]
Bermbuster Offline
Gang Member

Loc: Helotes, Texas
Well Kent is in The masonry buisiness. His buisiness grosses about 1 mill a month and there doing awesome. Jill was out the door right after Kent quit racing. He married a awesome girl named Lisa. She is the sweetest person you could ever meet. kent has 2 boys one is 18 and the other 15. Shawn and then Derrick. Shawn is not into mx but he is sooo smart. He is a musician and plays in a band. Him and Heath Voss play all the time. Derrick rides alot, he rides out at Cycle Ranch almost every Saturday. He is superfast. He doesnt race alot. Kent wants him to get a little bigger and stronger. I can tell you that lap for lap he can keep up with anyone. he looks good doing it too. He scrubs like no other. Jill thought she would go off to greener pastures and but from what I hear she weighs about as much as a crf 450 trailer included. I never met her but I know Kent is very proud of the way things have turned out for him.

#205610 - 02/23/07 01:52 PM Re: the motocross files [Re: Bermbuster]
MXerDude Offline
Veteran Lunatic

Loc: Almost there.. 8)
In reply to:

Well Kent is in The masonry buisiness. His buisiness grosses about 1 mill a month and there doing awesome. Jill was out the door right after Kent quit racing. He married a awesome girl named Lisa. She is the sweetest person you could ever meet. kent has 2 boys one is 18 and the other 15. Shawn and then Derrick. Shawn is not into mx but he is sooo smart. He is a musician and plays in a band. Him and Heath Voss play all the time. Derrick rides alot, he rides out at Cycle Ranch almost every Saturday. He is superfast. He doesnt race alot. Kent wants him to get a little bigger and stronger. I can tell you that lap for lap he can keep up with anyone. he looks good doing it too. He scrubs like no other. Jill thought she would go off to greener pastures and but from what I hear she weighs about as much as a crf 450 trailer included. I never met her but I know Kent is very proud of the way things have turned out for him.

LOL good story, glad to see he's doing well after MX... as for jill i guess the grass isnt always greener on the other side....LOL...

#205611 - 02/24/07 11:13 PM Re: the motocross files [Re: MXerDude]
observer Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Everett, WA
I am happy for Kent. He was always a gracious and nice guy in the pits.
I remember seing his Mom and Pop a out at the track there in the San Antonio area. His Mom was pretty juiced up, walking around saying "Kent Howertons the best damn motocross rider out there"!
Ah well...can't argue with that I guess. :-)
I got an autographe dposter of Kent one time at a race,I'd kill for it now. Hey any of you guys catch those "legends" posters from Dunlop? Showed an AWESOME shot of Kent railing a berm practically dragging the bars. Dunlop decided to start selling them for something like 20 bucks-and they were blk and white posters. Anyway would love to have one autographed by the Rhinestone Cowboy!
Any chance you could hook some of us up!?Set it up?

Take care,
Roger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page