TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Topic Options
#19560 - 10/07/02 12:37 PM 10/17/02 Virus threat info (W32.Bugbear)
John_Middleton Offline
TON Web Administrator

Loc: Austin, Tx
FYI,
This information is for (PC Windows users) personal computers running the Windows operating system. Other operating systems, please feel free to stop reading now.

AVERT has recently upgraded the W32.Bugbear virus to HIGH threat status due to increasing corporate and home presence. This virus is an e-mail worm that has the ability to spoof the From: header field or fabricate it entirely from addresses found on the affected system. It also appears to select the infected attachment information from files/information on the infected system, so it may appear that you are receiving a legitimate attachment. It attempts to spread itself via e-mail and network shares. Even nastier is that it opens a port on the infected system (port 36794 TCP) and attempts to stop various processes, including anti-virus and firewall processes; this makes discovery and removal even tougher.

It is important, therefore, that all Windows users update their anti-virus software DAT files immediately.

For more information on this virus, and for a link to the latest McAfee DAT files please visit the following site:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99728.htm

For those (Windows XP users) using Norton's Anti-Virus, please follow the link below for the latest DAT file:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear@mm.html

Again, this only affects Windows users; it does not affect Macs or other OS's.

#19561 - 10/07/02 03:47 PM Re: 10/17/02 Virus threat info (W32.Bugbear) [Re: John_Middleton]
LOOPOUT Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: cedar creek , tx
i had the Klez virus hit last week ( my pc crashed & i reinstalled windows but not my virus software..BIG MISTAKE)...

It was a big mess... i downloaded a fix from www.bitdefender.com & it cleaned the virus then i reinstalled macafee & updated it.. so far all seems good!

#27 or 956
DLR CycleWorks
MCP
Flying Wrenches
Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.

Moderator:  Hoop 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program