TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Topic Options
#194222 - 09/26/05 10:14 PM Austin is very lucky.
TOOLMAN Offline
TSCEC Board

Loc: Lubbock, Tx.
I am a member of Lubbock Trail Riders Enduro Club, we have a 5000 acre lease near Fluvanna, TX which we are very proud of. I just happened on to this forum and I am amazed that there is this kind of riding inside the city. First of all we all know how liberal Austin is, so how do you manage to co-exist with the tree-hugging hikers and mountain bikers? And second, how is it that the city lets folks ride on this land for FREE? Lubbock has an annual Gran Prix that runs through our city park which is a great race that draws close to 350 riders each year. Part of the draw is that you can actually race in the city park. I know that you guys appreciate Emma Long and you should with riding land getting more scarce by the year. As I mentioned we have a 5000 acre lease which we are beginning our second year on this land. Previously we had been on a ranch that was 14,000 acres of widely varied terrain. Unfortunately we had to part ways with our landowner after we could not meet his outragous insurance demands. We had been there for 20 plus years with NO problems whatsoever.
Now that I know about this place I am planning a trip for the family next year to ride at Emma Long and camp on lake Austin. We will probobly bring the boat for some afternoon skiing when it is too hot to ride. Is the Hula-Hut on Lake Austin?

#194223 - 09/28/05 05:15 AM Re: Austin is very lucky. [Re: TOOLMAN]
Chappy Offline
TON Member

Loc: Austin, TX
I agree with you 100%! City park is a TREASURE, and I want to see it kept open PERMANENTLY! There is development going on in the area; I hope it will not affect the park.

One bit of advice: City park is rocks, big rocks, and bigger rocks. Extremely challenging sections! Not really a family type of place.

I think Hula-Hut is downstream by the dam.

#194224 - 10/05/05 10:57 PM Re: Austin is very lucky. [Re: Chappy]
TOOLMAN Offline
TSCEC Board

Loc: Lubbock, Tx.
We are enduro riders, the nastier the better.

#194225 - 10/10/05 10:59 PM Re: Austin is very lucky. [Re: TOOLMAN]
RockHopper Offline
CTTA President

Loc: www.austintrials.com
City Park is soooo nasty that it is home to many observed trials riders.. It is a very knarly loop and will exhaust all but the "in shape" rider..

#194226 - 10/14/05 04:39 PM Re: Austin is very lucky. [Re: TOOLMAN]
Dave Offline
AMSA Gang Boss

Loc: Spicewood
Toolman, give us a heads up when you want to come to Austin. We can hook you up with some great riding opportunities, no doubt. There are more places to ride around Austin than ever before. City Park is a gem of a place, especially for the hardcore offroad motoheads! Austin is very lucky, no doubt.

#194227 - 10/17/05 05:01 AM Re: Austin is very lucky. [Re: TOOLMAN]
pmkkdx Offline
Have map. Will travel!

Loc: Central Texas, USA, Earth (mos...
emma long = the old LTR rambo with big rocks!!!... sorta... but a bit wider between cedar trees . you LTR boys shouldn't have much of a problem but bring your hard terrain tires, knee/elbow guards, belly plates, etc.

and a appetite ... Austin has some really great food joints (and even better music places). let me know when ya'll might be coming and I will burn a guest pass (if after Christmas) at one/some of the AMSA lease properties (3 different leases each with about 10+ mile loops). The people around Austin are more into HS than enduros but several of the leases have some really great loops that will challenge the enduro crowd at 24 mph speed (actually one lease is part of the old Rockne enduro). glad you found Austin, but you might not like it much after this coming weekend
(I only have to amuse myself)

#194228 - 10/17/05 01:05 PM Re: Austin is very lucky. [Re: pmkkdx]
DeeKay Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: DeeKay Island
Yea....and I will even don a speedo for ya at the lake Kelly!!!!

Emma Long is great. You gotta PAY to boat...but riding is FREE. How cool is that? It is definatly lots of rocks. It isn't big but there is plenty of techincal challenge fo sho.....

aloha,

deekaying...still

Moderator:  Kingham 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub