TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home   || OEM parts & online schematics || Cycle Gear
TON Logo
Topic Options
#188814 - 08/21/05 12:27 AM First Ride
Bud Administrator Offline

Loc: Garden Valley, TX
A friend and I just returned from a day of riding at this new facility. The park is first rate in every respect. There is plenty of shady, manicured parking. They have restrooms, showers, concessions, bagged ice, and anything else you'd need for a fun day or weekend of riding.

The trails run down the north side of the Sulphur River. The owners made a substantial investment hiring a small dozer to cut miles of winding trails. The dozer was busy for months.

Most of this part of the state has been dry this summer and the park is no exception. After one isolated rain storm recently, the Johnson Grass has taken off in the furtile river bottom soil growing eight to ten feet tall. The owner informed us that he intended to mow it soon! When was the last time you rode groomed trails?

We easily logged a 10 mile perimeter loop on our dirt bikes with many interior trails crossing the property. A nice sized lake and mud bog have been dug and with the return of rain this fall, both will become quite an asset for offroaders.

This facility has everything for offroaders but the real treat are the owners. Mr. and Mrs. Musgrove want everyone to have a fun, safe experience. Don't be surprised if Mrs. Musgrove calls you after your visit just to see if there's anything that needs to be changed or improved. That shows a respect for customers that is hard to find in today's fast-paced word.

You owe it to yourself, friends, and family to visit this facility.

#188815 - 08/23/05 06:13 PM Re: First Ride [Re: Bud]
TMTC_ATV Offline
Gang Member

Bud,

I am soooooo glad to hear that Mrs. Musgrove is open for business! I have spoken with her at length and yes, she is a delightful woman.

I hope to see her facility sometime soon..possibly in fall. Her description of the park sounded really nice to me - and your description simply adds to those facts. Looks as though Texas has another great place to ride !!! Yes!!!

Everybody please go see for yourself and frequenting these private parks from that have links from the TON...let them know where you heard about it!!

TON rules!!!!

Carol

#188816 - 07/25/06 09:06 PM Re: First Ride [Re: Bud]
450Gunner Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Katy, TX.
Where is this park and or contact info about it?
Note to self......Wheel side down!!!
Thanks to my Major Sponsor...ADVIL!!
John 3:16

#188817 - 07/25/06 09:07 PM Re: First Ride [Re: 450Gunner]
450Gunner Offline
Hall of Fame

Loc: Katy, TX.
Never mind didn't read the post below it...
Note to self......Wheel side down!!!
Thanks to my Major Sponsor...ADVIL!!
John 3:16

#188818 - 08/04/06 03:04 PM Re: First Ride [Re: Bud]
jeffd Offline
Old Boot

Loc: Allen, TX
So how is the terrain? What are the trails like? Give us a comparison!

-=jeffd

In reply to:

A friend and I just returned from a day of riding at this new facility. The park is first rate in every respect. There is plenty of shady, manicured parking. They have restrooms, showers, concessions, bagged ice, and anything else you'd need for a fun day or weekend of riding.

The trails run down the north side of the Sulphur River. The owners made a substantial investment hiring a small dozer to cut miles of winding trails. The dozer was busy for months.

Most of this part of the state has been dry this summer and the park is no exception. After one isolated rain storm recently, the Johnson Grass has taken off in the furtile river bottom soil growing eight to ten feet tall. The owner informed us that he intended to mow it soon! When was the last time you rode groomed trails?

We easily logged a 10 mile perimeter loop on our dirt bikes with many interior trails crossing the property. A nice sized lake and mud bog have been dug and with the return of rain this fall, both will become quite an asset for offroaders.

This facility has everything for offroaders but the real treat are the owners. Mr. and Mrs. Musgrove want everyone to have a fun, safe experience. Don't be surprised if Mrs. Musgrove calls you after your visit just to see if there's anything that needs to be changed or improved. That shows a respect for customers that is hard to find in today's fast-paced word.

You owe it to yourself, friends, and family to visit this facility.

TORO Old N' Slow Class (+40C) #613

Special thanks to my current sponsors:
Ready Racing, SixSixOne, Panolin, Braking, and MGX Graphics

#188819 - 08/09/06 09:40 PM Re: First Ride [Re: jeffd]
Bud Administrator Offline

Loc: Garden Valley, TX
The have a number of open fields, some two-track black dirt and some woods trails. They also have about a 5 acre lake. Its all bottom land - black sandy dirt. Probably more like Rocky Ridge than anything else.

#188820 - 03/03/08 02:02 AM Re: First Ride [Re: Bud]
sinned96 Offline

Loc: Leonard TX
This park is closed with no metion of reopening

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

Cycle Parts Warehouse - www.cyclepartswarehouse.com

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub