TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home  
TON Logo
Topic Options
#16155 - 08/15/02 02:53 PM Track Changes!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been going to Nocona for quite some time now. I ride with some of the fastest amatuer riders in the country,JJ Pecsok,Riley Kurosky,Greg Chapman,Thomas Hahn,Cody Drewek,Andrew Clark,Lance Hollister,Cody Dickey,Tad M.,Shane Doughty, and Lyndsey Wadsworth....just to name a few that were out there with me yeasterday(Wed.)...we were all talking about what the track could possible change...A lot of us agreed that the track was easy, by that i mean, nothing really seperated the advanced from the "more advanced"....we were thinking that they would add a couple of jumps in between the strait's going into some of the bowl corners...to be more specific...the big right hand corner after the start,then you have the little table top, thats the strait i'm talking about....Why not add a rythem section there? or maybe dig out some gnarly sand whoops to kinda slow it down coming into that corner...
These are only suggestions..i'm not bashing the track at all, i love the track, otherwise i wouldn't be showing up out there every wed..
Well thats all i have to say about the track...i'll leave a few changes they should think about making at the bottom...love the track, and i want to race at least one round in the series, i'm always at another race when you guys are running...

Track Suggestions

#1 Rythem Section( Make it Technical...seperates the beg. from the adv.)
#2 Sand Whoops
#3 After the finish line jump....dig down real deep and make that roller a big double or table top...with possibly a double after it going into that right hand corner...thats would be fun
#4 Possibly a few more doubles in between the straits to slow it down just a bit

Again...not saying the track isn't good...i think these changes will make it more fun and draw more riders...

See you at the track

Clint Wilkinson #425

#16156 - 08/15/02 05:28 PM Re: Track Changes!!!
spanky Offline
Gang Member

Loc: denton Tx.
CLINT IT IS AN EASY TRACK I CLEARED EVERYTHING ON MY 3RD LAP. IT COULD BE A LITTLE MORE CHALLENGING , BUT I ALSO LOVE THE TRACK JUST THE WAY IT IS, I JUST WISH I COULD MAKE IT OUT MORE OFTEN FOR PRACTICE.

I HAVE TO SAY THIS IS MINE AND MY SON'S NEW FAVORITE TRACK!

Edited by spanky (08/15/02 11:39 PM)

#16157 - 08/15/02 11:59 PM Re: Track Changes!!! [Re: spanky]
whipit450 Offline

I, personally, think that the track is perfect since I'm an average rider. If the track gets anymore "challenging", all of you fast riders will have all the fun and we have to start riding the PeeWee track. The track was meant for everyone to enjoy so I think the way it is now is 99% perfect.

I just wish the owners would turn the heat down during the day.

#16158 - 08/16/02 03:08 AM Re: Track Changes!!! [Re: whipit450]
DPW Offline
New Boot

Loc: Double Oak, TX
Myself being a beginner rider like the track the way it is too. Most of the tracks in the N.Texas area are more geared toward the int. rider or better. Nocona is about the only track that I know of that a beginner can go out and have fun and doesn't have to worry about that double double triple section every lap. There are plenty of challenging tracks in the area. I think if you add more challenging sections it's going to start being a problem with open practice. They will have to start having organized practice so the better riders aren't landing on the slow dudes rolling the new "triple", just an example. I wouldn't mind some changes though just to keep the track exciting, but I don't think we need any sections to separate the beginners from the pros, that's what all the corners are for. You want a challenge go to hit the VC night track, you want to have fun....Nocona.

Just my .426$

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub