TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home  
TON Logo
Topic Options
#158767 - 03/11/05 06:00 PM Tranny is toast!
SeanP93YJ Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: West Texas
My tranny finally has gone to its last leg! It has been grinding bad for along time going into 3rd! Now it is hanging up in some gear even with shifter in neutral possition and is binding up when coasting with clutch in or out! So I ordered a rebuilt one from Consolidated Trans in Florida, and it should be here today or Monday. So as soon as I get it I will pull my old one, swap over the bell housing and tcase, put in a new clutch kit and re-stab it. Hopefully this will all be done by Friday night so I can get it to Aspermont. I have been looking fwd to Aspermont for a long time, so I hope I can do this myself in the driveway. I dont think I will have any probs pulling trans and swapping over the parts into the new one, but I have never done a clutch! But I am always ready to learn a new trick!
My YJ is the bastard year one that has a internal slave cylinder/throw-out bearing. I am replacing it with the clutch components. So hopefully this will end my tranny probs for a long time!!

#158768 - 03/11/05 08:39 PM Re: Tranny is toast! [Re: SeanP93YJ]
SeanP93YJ Offline
Gang Daddy

Loc: West Texas
YAHOO!!!!!!!!! I think! My tranny is here and I am headed to pick up the clutch kit also! So Since it rolled in today I will be able to work on it this weekend!
If any of you guys have nothing to do this Saturday afternoon...............ya know what you could do!
It would start with a call to me @ 806/790-5982 LOL

Edited by SeanP93YJ (03/12/05 04:18 PM)

Moderator:  Tracker, tricksjeep 

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub