TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Weather | Home  
TON Logo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#110851 - 07/02/04 06:49 PM Sucks to be me
JeepinMedic Offline
TON Member

Loc: Back home in Montgomery County...
Well I am headed back up to Conroe. My wife has cleaned out our bank acct. and headed back to Oklahoma. It looks like I will be divorced x2 soon. On the bright side, I will be able to save more money for another Jeep.

#110852 - 07/02/04 09:12 PM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: JeepinMedic]
Bonsai Offline
TON Member

Loc: Texas Hill Country
That sucks!

But if you already had a Jeep, it might be gone too .....that would really piss me off

Now, when you find one, you can work on it all night long without someone bitchin at you to COME INSIDE!!!! you worthless [email me], all you do is work on that stupid JEEP, blah, blah, blah ooops, got carried away anyway....

I feel for ya man. Sounds like your better off. Now marry a Jeep and live happily ever after

#110853 - 07/03/04 01:02 AM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: Bonsai]
JeepinMedic Offline
TON Member

you got that right!!!! A Jeep would never leave me.....except in the hands of a 17 year old

#110854 - 07/05/04 04:56 AM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: JeepinMedic]
Bonsai Offline
TON Member

yeah well, a 17 year old can tear up a manvel.

I'm just lucky I never rolled my rig or wrecked it before I sold it.

Unfortunately, like most hobbies, this is an expensive sport with expensive toys.

Those of us who don't have mula to burn, sometimes priorities throw us on the sidelines for a while, then it's tough to get back in. However, we bring a lot of experience and appreciation to the sport when we do come back.

I'm hoping to get back inside a roll cage very soon. I also have a few buddies that had to shift their focus to other things...work, family, cash flow, etc. We just gotta stick together and stay tuned.

Things like this forum and my buddies help keep the dream alive. This way I never really left the sport, and when I get back on the trails, I'll have more fun, more friends.......and more to offer.

#110855 - 07/08/04 10:32 PM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: Bonsai]
Bonsai Offline
TON Member

In response to........"Now, when you find one, you can work on it all night long without someone bitchin at you to COME INSIDE!!!! you worthless @$$hole, all you do is work on that stupid JEEP, blah, blah, blah "

I'm not saying that all wives or girlfriends complain like this, The truth is, it's impossible to be successful and enjoy what we do without a huge amount of support from the people we love. You just gotta find the right one, and balance the wheelin' stuff with all the other stuff.

#110856 - 07/10/04 05:53 AM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: Bonsai]
JeepinMedic Offline
TON Member

Truer words were never spoken... I saw that Marcos had a CJ7 for 3995.............I am working on getting a loan. Plus I got a new job makin more money too

#110857 - 07/10/04 03:04 PM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: JeepinMedic]
texasfrog Offline
TON Member

Loc: conroe,tx
Looks like things are going to be looking up for you now John,Yep it's me ! still here and kickin.We are now in the elite group of square headlight ownership.I bought Rhonda a 91 YJ for Valentines day,no mods yet exept for the 04 Rubi wheels and tires I put on it.
I see deals from time to time on Jeeps and when I do I'll post them here for ya'. PS.Bonzi,I did not forget about you.I built it.
You two need to give me a call sometime just to shoot the breeze.

Later guys,
51 M38
Baja rail buggy 1/2 1600cc
4x4 Corvette "Baja"

#110858 - 07/10/04 07:15 PM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: texasfrog]
Bonsai Offline
TON Member

Way to go John, things usually happen for a reason.

Yo Mark!!! Good to here from you.

I've been meaning to call and see what's been kickin'. Congrats on the square lights. A Cajun buddy of mine lifted his 91' for $40 by taking a few leafs out of a set of chevy springs and slipping them into the YJ springs. He posted a write up to his club, now they are all doing it. I'm thinking about using his idea on a spring over.

Bonsai is running good, needs a lot of work though. The motor has about 1 season left, steering box leaks, brake line twisted and broke where it splits over the rear axle, and the front axle just sounds sick. I'm gonna keep the 4-banger and rebuild it, I need to rebuild the front and rear and re-gear to 4:88's, redo the suspension, do a full cage, and add some tubing on the corners. I'll need your help with the last 4 items Ofcoarse I gotta get Bonsai home first I'm glad you remembered to build that part, I'll pick it up soon.

It'll all come together.......in due time I guess

BTW - You guys gonna be at the shoot out I may take a small group, even if I am just a spectator.

#110859 - 07/11/04 05:19 AM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: Bonsai]
texasfrog Offline
TON Member

Loc: conroe,tx
I will be at the Shootout but not as a spotter or extractions this year.I am going to turn up the heat !
51 M38
Baja rail buggy 1/2 1600cc
4x4 Corvette "Baja"

#110860 - 07/11/04 07:41 AM Re: Sucks to be me [Re: texasfrog]
JeepinMedic Offline
TON Member

Well Mark, it looks like we're neighbors again. I will stop by there some time thiss week. I am finally gettin settled in at mom's I have a couple "meetings" on monday and tuesday, but I may stop by there after one of them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

KTM OF NORTH TEXAS / SLM RACING - 2260 W. Pioneer Parkway - Arlington, TX 76013 - 817-275-2228

TJ's Cycle - 6208 North Lamar - Austin, TX 78752 - 512.453.6255

TX Toy Sales - 1600 Globe Ave - Fort Worth, TX 76131 - 817.655.0651

TSCEC Website

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up

Texas Offroad Network
Affiliate Programs
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page
Outdoor Hub