TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#109962 - 10/07/04 03:45 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ChuckWebb]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Garland, TX
WOW Chuck - I have that pic. in my collection also. But I thought you were going to post the X-rated one of Carole Benson streaking at Mossier Valley and wore 191 as the number and a wig to look like it was Diane. dee
Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#109963 - 10/07/04 08:07 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
ChuckWebb Offline
New Boot

Ha ha...no, I don't have that picture, Dee. I wasn't there, either, but i do remember hearing about it. I hadn't actually looked at all these old papers and clippings in a long time. I've been having a lot of fun reading the old stories again!

Chuck

#109964 - 10/07/04 08:37 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ChuckWebb]
ccbugman Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Corpus Christi, Tx

The Jeff Kring you all are talking about, isn't he the one that worked at the Husky and KTM shop in Denton? I bought 2 Husky's from him and rode the enduro circuit for about 5 years. I lived in Garland until 1983 and moved to Corpus and quit riding dirt bikes.

Bryan (Bugman) Hefley
'08 YZ450F #248 & '10 YZ250F #248

#109965 - 10/07/04 09:36 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ChuckWebb]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Chuck - check this picture out....It wasn't Diane at all and I don't remember her reaction. But remember "streaking" was big back then in the 70's!!!

When did you lose touch with the Flowers and the Tarters??? I would love for all of us to get together and do a "remember when"....thing...
You remember Bobby Pickard?? He is still in Ft.Worth someone told me. Your in trouble now because I have ALOT of old 70 stuff and just looking for the good stuff...hahahaa....dee

--------------------

Attachments
207027-Carole Streaking 2.jpg (195 downloads)

Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#109966 - 10/07/04 09:47 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ccbugman]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Yes - Its the same Jeff Kring or (Kring Boy - as I knew him as)...He is my buddy. I just went riding with him about a month ago and believe me - HE DOES NOT LOOK HIS AGE...or maybe I should say - He has "aged" very well....Still has alot of style when riding. He was always my "guide" to how to ride...

He did own part of TC Carter's Yamaha back then and then went to sell Huskys over in Denton. Jeff is still a great guy!!! You can find him out at Muenster trying out his new CRF230 and helping the Enduro people get ready for the big race in November. Heck - I might even be out there!! hahaha... dee

#109967 - 10/07/04 10:23 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Hey Chuck - why don't you have this picture??? hahaha. dee

Attachments
207040-Dee Hodaka.jpg (241 downloads)

#109968 - 10/10/04 10:21 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
ChuckWebb Offline
New Boot

Great pictures, Dee. Really nice one of you on the Hodaka. I was already out of the state during that one, judging from the date on the clipping. In the summer of '73 I went out to California for a few months, then moved to New Orleans for almost a year. I came back to Texas sometime in late '74 or early '75. I only ran one race in the DFW area after I came back to Texas...I don't remember the exact date, but it was a race at Stemmons, and i was on a borrowed 250 CZ. I managed a first place in the 250 Intermediate, and that was my last motocross. I lost touch with most of the old group sometime around there. It would be nice to sit down and benchrace with everyone some time, but I haven't been very succesful at finding any of them.

I do remember Bobby Pickard, and Danny Doss...the 125 class started getting fast and very competitive when that group started getting serious! I've got another great picture, but I haven't figured out how to send it to you yet. It was taken by one of the photographers that used to sell pictures at the track, and this one is poster sized. It was taken in the first turn at Whitney. Randol Wofford (another one that I went to school with, but never a great friend of mine) is leading on that 250 Noguchi Yamaha that he rode for a while, and I'm just inside of him trying to show him a wheel.

Chuck

#109969 - 10/10/04 10:33 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ChuckWebb]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Chuck - You just remind me of other people ALL THE TIME...I have a scrap book that says Randall Wofford was a "fox"...hhahahaa... I tried looking at it for your name, but atlas - I have anywhere from 1 to 6 boys running thru my house on the wkend. Just need to sit down and read the old race results.

I was tight with anyone who rode a Bultaco.....Brian Stacey, Jeff Kring and of course my own brother rode the 250 Int. Lindsay Harper... I have been over to the Tarters house - yrs AGO...when I was young and quiet - but now adays I have come into my own and don't hold much back...Alot of people never believe that I was shy...hahhaha... Do You remember Tom Cone??? I will start posting some of the stuff on here or you can write me directly - at dcrump2545@aol.com - either way - doesn't matter.

Spent the day at the fair - need to get to bed...Afterall I am a young person..hahahha..dee

#109970 - 10/10/04 11:37 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
ChuckWebb Offline
New Boot

The fair sounds like fun...I haven't been there in ages. I'm pretty wore out myself, I spent the weekend at the CMRA roadrace at Cresson. Just over 100 miles from here, and a 100 mile day on a sportbike takes its toll on an old man!

I'm a little bit older than most of the riders you remember...and i quit racing a little sooner than most of them. Don't think you'll find me in any Dallas race results after the early part of 1973. You should be able to find me for several years before that, though. Randol Wofford was a couple of years younger than me...he and I were fierce competitors on the track. We were pretty evenly matched, sometimes he would win and sometimes I would. The thing i remember most about him, though, is that he was the only person i remember racing against that would play dirty. I was used to good clean racing. One time i tried to pass him on the inside on a tight portion of the Paradise Valley track, and was shocked when he pulled a foot off the peg and kicked my front wheel. After that, he and I were bitter enemies on the track. I don't think he believed me when i told him i tried not to run over his legs when he fell right in front of me at Whitney a few weeks later!

Chuck

#109971 - 10/12/04 10:10 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ChuckWebb]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Chuck - You mean to tell me there was another rider that use to KICK???? I hated racing against Karen Carter (I think - her last name)on a Suzuki - she was a known kicker. Thankfully - I only raced against her a few times and didn't get the foot.

Most of the races I raced in the riders were clean. Although when I raced with the men and would beat em they would go back into the pits looking down at their bike like something was wrong...It was a hoot!!!

So - you do still do some motorcycle functions??? My son is 12 and is going to race for the first time out at the Boondoxxx - on Oct. 24th. Its close to our house and I like it only if they water it down - they are suppose to have an irrigation system going in...I can only hope...tired of wearing the dust on my face...We go to Marshall, Rocky Ridge and will be going back out to Muenster for the Enduro race there in November. I am supporting a buddy Diva out there and some friends are to meet me there.

I hope to start racing again in 2005 - harescrambles or something. I know, I am "up in the ages" but I never have felt my age. In fact, I ride my son's CR85 - which I might get a big wheel for. I love that bike. It hauls - even though I am always looking for 7th, 8th gear..hahaha....Later...dee

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page