TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
JamesBot, RobertUrish, Jamesacark, TrevorTeand, Bford96
23185 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23185 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#109952 - 07/31/04 11:02 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: Outlaw6Guy]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Garland, TX
OK - we are heading to Muenster tomorrow(Sun Aug. 1st) Jeff Jeter - and Jeff said he was picking up the Tequila and white donuts.....hahahahhaa... Can anyone tell me how much Muenster charges now?? Its been ages since I have been out there....dee
Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#109953 - 10/06/04 02:18 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
ChuckWebb Offline
New Boot

Wow, i just stumbled across this site by accident. Sure brings back memories. I used to run the 250 class at Mossier Valley, Paradise Valley, Whitney and the Rabbit Run. I would occasionaly ride at Seagoville when it was still running, and then later ran a few races at Strawberry Hill and Stemmons. Back then there were so many tracks running in the area that you had to make a choice about where you were going to race every weekend!

I remember you from the races at Plano, Dee, but i don't think we ever actually met. I was usually with Dianne Flowers and the Tartar clan. I was living in Euless at the time, and we all went to the same high school. I haven't seen or heard from any of that crew in years though. Thanks for the memories!

Chuck

#109954 - 10/06/04 09:06 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
ChuckWebb Offline
New Boot

Couldn't help but throw this in...I was shocked more than anyone to get a headline in Cycle News!

Attachments
206794-star.jpg (137 downloads)

#109955 - 10/06/04 09:44 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ChuckWebb]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Chuck- This is sooo much fun!!! Are you still into dirtbikes?? I got back in because of my 12 yr old son. Then ended up with riding the CR85 that he was scared of. And I met up with the Moto Divas on line so now I try to meet with them every month - usually its in Austin or around there.

YOU probably don't know this, but I had a crush on Randall Tarter back then...And his younger brother was really cute. Dont remember meeting you but if you hung out with Diane and the Tarters - I would have to KNOW you. I loved the Flowers family....The dad was awesome!!! But, Diane liked the sand, and I was use to the black dirt (R.Run)....

I have found so many people on this site from years ago. I found Jeff Kring, and Andie Comini. I don't know what happened to Diane Flowers Yeager - but I remember sitting next to her and her dad at a red light going into Reunion Arena one year (wayyy back then) to see a concert. We were yelling at each other thru the car windows. WOW - its so fun to talk to you. What did you ride back then?? And your number??? Dee
Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#109956 - 10/06/04 09:55 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ChuckWebb]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Hey Chuck - I must not of been there that day. Most of the riders wouldn't go to R.Run unless it rained out the other tracks. BECAUSE - of the black dirt...Too funny... And another reason why I wasn't there because Teresa Adams won the "Powder Puff" that day....hhahahaha..

I have all the old flyers and results from back then. Your making me work hard to look at them again...hahaa...Thanks for the post...dee p.s Now send a picture of how you looked back then. I can put together the pieces...

#109957 - 10/06/04 09:57 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Chuck - I forgot to add - that it could of been my DAD writing the stories on the riders....He did it alot back then, but if I wasn't there that wkend - who knows. Hey - remember my brother Lindsay - take a look on the site of his "endo" over at Stemmons. Got him into the Crash and Burn of the Year...dee

#109958 - 10/06/04 10:32 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
ChuckWebb Offline
New Boot

Dee, I don't ride dirtbikes anymore. I got on one for a little while a couple of months ago, and it sure stirred some memories! I'm one of those street bike riders now...my daily rider is a Triumph TT600, but I have an old 1983 Goldwing too. I haven't owned a car or truck for over five years now. I ride on two everywhere i go.

I can't remember Randall Tartar's younger brothers name either. I should, I grew up with the Tartar family. We belonged to the same dirt riders club, the Stump Jumpers of Euless. We used to put on cross-country races and hillclimbs in the "good old days" of motorcycling. I spent a lot of very enjoyable times as a youngster camping out with the Tartars. Randy is slightly younger than I am. He has a sister who is my age. In fact, Cindy Tartar was my date for my senior prom. We made the date during a 100 mile cross-country buddy race out by the old "360" area. I don't remember who was putting on the race, but i do remember that during one of my breaks, we decided to go to the prom together.

Randy used to run "RT" on his plate...Cindy didn't race much, but when she did, she ran "CT." In my early days, i ran "DNF" on mine, but i quit that when people refused to score me!

Attachments
206830-plano.jpg (119 downloads)

#109959 - 10/06/04 10:44 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
ChuckWebb Offline
New Boot

I put in in another thread, Dee, but here is a pic of me at Mosier Valley....

Attachments
206834-mossier1.jpg (175 downloads)

Edited by ChuckWebb (10/06/04 10:46 PM)

#109960 - 10/06/04 11:13 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: ChuckWebb]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Hey - great picture....I need to look thru my stuff to see what I can find...Have to tuck the little dude in bed - so until tomorrow...dee

#109961 - 10/06/04 11:41 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
ChuckWebb Offline
New Boot

At least you didn't go this route, Dee. I tried to tell Dianne back then that this would be bad for her image! Picture is from the Trans-AMA, 1973.

Chuck

Attachments
206850-whitney.jpg (175 downloads)

Edited by ChuckWebb (10/06/04 11:44 PM)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up