TON Forums | Classifieds | Gallery | Links | Home  
TON Logo
Newest Members
Bford96, PT145SS, LaFitte, LoganR, Laura Olson
23181 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
23181 Members
50 Forums
38023 Topics
248899 Posts

Max Online: 677 @ 03/29/21 12:24 PM
Search

Bike For Sale
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#109942 - 07/12/04 06:40 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
RonnieBarnes Offline

Loc: Dallas Texas
Dee, ever run into Diane Flowers, Barbie Facsko, these days? weee

#109943 - 07/12/04 09:35 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: RonnieBarnes]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Loc: Garland, TX
Ronnie - Didn't you go to Berkner HS???? I seem to know your name from someone.

Yes, me and Diane (191) were friends. She married and became Diane Yeager. I rode with her and Carol Benson, Andi Comini, Paula Holley (only at R.Run)....The other name doesn't ring a bell. I ran into someone out at Marshall Creek that knew Glen Waters - whose wife was Janette Waters and I had raced against her. She only rode a trial bike - so it was no contest. I also have run into some other people thru work that remember or know Kurt Janish, David McClaskey - plus I was a big fan of Jeff Kring - in fact, had a crush on him.. Since we (bro and I) rode out of Bultaco Sales of Dallas, I knew almost anyone who rode a Bultaco. Including, Terry, Teddy Poovey.

Think back now - I had long hair and use to put it up so the guys wouldn't know it was a female racing with the guys on a Bul 100 or Hodaka 125.....You guys hated to lose to a woman...hahahhaa..Dee

You have to know me and my family.
Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#109944 - 07/12/04 09:39 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Oh - I forgot that they really said that we were "disturbing the dead" at Strawberry Hill.

Any one race out at Stemmons back then??? Dee
Ride Red, Excel Rims, FMF Pipes, ProWorks. DeCal Works, Dunlap Tires, MotorEx, Scott USA, Icat , Renthal, TwinAir~Go number #95!!!

#109945 - 07/12/04 09:54 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
RonnieBarnes Offline

Loc: Dallas Texas
No, I went to Lewisville High school 1972-1975, I run into Jeff Kring every now and then.

#109946 - 07/12/04 11:29 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: RonnieBarnes]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Ronnie - then tell Jeff "howdy" from Dee "Harper" Crump - believe me - it will freak him out..hahahhaa..We have a history together....Dee

#109947 - 07/18/04 03:17 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
Outlaw6Guy Offline
New Boot

Loc: In a van....down by the river!
"Big Muddy"? Man I thought I was the only one still alive that remembered that place. If memory serves me correctly, you had to drive through a junk yard just to get to the track. I remember a manmade jump on that track, over by the corn field, that I took one time, and when I landed the left rear shock on my Suzuki fell off, and I ended up in the corn field. When I came out of the corn, back onto the track, I had corn stalks wrapped around my neck. Can't even remember if I finished or not.
Dee, you had a crush on Jeffy Sue? Wholly Mollie! I'll tell him the next time I see him. Jeff and I have had some very interesting times over the years. I know he's especially fond of those white powered doughnuts, and Jose Curevo. Ouch!

#10X Maico 1973-1975
Jack Jeter

#109948 - 07/18/04 08:43 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: Outlaw6Guy]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Maico ? Huh, Jeff??? Wow - I remember those. The last I heard about Jeff Kring was that he was into the lake scene, aka boat. When I was a mere little girl I use to watch Jeff ride and was wow'd by his riding and his style. He was pretty intimadating to a young person as he was racing in the Expert class.

If you see him - give him this email address - dcrump2545@aol.com and tell him to write me. I think just saying "Dee" and Bultaco in the same sentence that he will know me, but my maiden name is Harper and HE will know/remember me then. Dee

#109949 - 07/21/04 07:32 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: deemit60]
Outlaw6Guy Offline
New Boot

Loc: In a van....down by the river!
OK Dee, I sent JeffySue your email address. The ball is in his court. Do you still ride, and if so what? Personally I laid off racing after 1982. That is until December of 03, then I got the bug again, and started racing in the TORO series, then onto the TCCRA. The bikes have sure changed over the years, and so have I, come to think of it. My brain says gas it, and my body says you're going to fall down you old fool. I haven't set the woods on fire, but I sure am having a lot of fun. I talked with Jeff a few weeks ago, and he had just bought him one of them pretty red motorcicles. He was in Bates buying him a new riddin outfit. Said he wanted to look pretty.LOL

#109950 - 07/21/04 09:26 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: Outlaw6Guy]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Hey - what did you say to Jeff??? Why the Jeffy Sue?? Use to be Kring Boy....Looking pretty to ride - yep - sounds just like him...hahahhahaa..

Just recently got back into dirt bikes. My son got a CRF70 for xmas and quickly outgrew it. So, when he graduated 5th grade - YEAH, YIPPEE We went and got our "secret" bike...hahahha Only secret because I was unemployed for so long and happen to have great parents that still help me out. Anyway - this little bike is a BLAST - CR85 - small wheel, but I fit it perfectly - my son is a little afraid of the power. Personally, I am thinking of having someone bore it out to the largest size it can go. I have had a blast on this mx bike.

I usually ride 125's - but the mx bikes now are so big that I can barely touch the ground. I use to ride a Bul 100, 125, and then Hodaka 125- #60. The last time I raced I rode my brother's YZ250 out at Ross Downs. That bike was TOO big, but I had a blast. We are now thinking of going to the 4 stroke 125 Yamaha - I know, 4-strokes are so much easier to take care of, but even the guys this past Sat. had to ride the XR85 and they were in awe...

I am in with the Moto Divas on this site. They are trying to get me to race again. Don't have to push too hard, but hey, I am alot older now and the fear is there.

Where did you race at??? Do you have a picture of you on the bike at that time?? I probably know you - if I am not too much older then you. I started riding/racing when I was 12 - ummm, back, well let's say back in the 70's UPPER 70's.....

I can't wait to see if Jeff replies to you and what he says. The last time I saw him was in Lewisville and we took my Mazda RX7 from Ft Worth (some mx/flat track show/race) to Lewisville. I knew he lived in Carrolton - but lost touch since then....Let me know what you told him and if he emails you first before me...hahahhaa...He will be shocked...believe me.....dee

#109951 - 07/26/04 11:10 PM Re: Any old Dallas Riders?? [Re: Outlaw6Guy]
deemit60 Offline
Gang Veteran

Jack - I talked to Jeff today...And told him about this network - he was amazed. Anyway - we plan on riding soon together - so thank you for telling him I was asking about him..Ya know - once a friend, always a friend....dee

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Texas Offroad Network
Sponsors & Partners

TXTEAMM - 830-612-3607 (cell) 210-912-1516 -- txteamm1@gmail.com width=

Texas Offroad Network
* We Support *

Texas 4-H Youth ATV Safety Program

The RiderDown Foundation - Helping Riders Up
American Trails
Locations of visitors to this page