I just purchased a Camper Van that is going to need a generator. I need some help figuring out where to get one. I would like to buy one locally in Houston, but if it is cheaper to order one then I am willing to do that. In a perfect world, I would like to have an RV generator that will fit in the compartment, but those appear to be pretty expensive. Iím on a budget so several thousand dollars for a generator is going to be difficult to pull off. I donít mind using a generator that I have to load and unload into the van, but it needs to be one that a woman can manage lifting. How strong am I? I can pick up a KTM 250 EXC, but I donít like to. I also donít want the loudest generator on the planet either, and I donít want to have to put gas in it every 2 hours (Iím so picky arenít I).

I donít have the camper van just yet but should have picked it up within the next week or so, so I do not know the exact dimensions of the generator compartment yet. I like the Onan Camp series generators and I REALLY like the Yamaha 3000W inverter series, but again, they are pretty pricey. Iím thinking something in the $500 - $1000 range is what I would like to get if possible. Also, Iíve been told that I should go with at least a 2000 watt, no less. I'm willing to spend a little more if I ABSOLUTELY have to.

Can you buy dependable used RV generators somewhere?

Sorry for all the rambling, but this is totally new to me so I need a little direction. For reference, the camper van is a Ford E250 Turtle Top Camper Van. It has a roof A/C and a fridge so at the very least I need to be able to run that stuff without tripping the power on the generator.

Bring on the ideas and advice.