Skull Creek Members--

First off, I'd like to say thanks to everybody for all the support in my endeavor as the Skull Creek Park Director. Juliet left some pretty big shoes to fill, so I'm going to give it my best to make it work.

I finally got the chance to ride most if not all of Skull Creek this past weekend (on my own bike at least), and I can say with total confidence that Summer is upon us. If you've ever ridden with me, you know I like to ride in a t-shirt, and as of late, I've switched to a sleeveless t-shirt. This has allowed me to judge the condition of the trails by the amount of scratches and wounds on my arms after a weekend of riding. After this weekend, it looks like I got in a fight with a team of bobcats. Needless to say, the trails need some TLC.

I am going to organize a work weekend coming up on the 14th and 15th of July in order to get some of these trails in shape for the summer. I know it's going to be brutally hot outside, but I'm only asking for a few hours in the morning to hit the really bad spots and make it so that we can get through the trails without having to stop and move brush or pick your way through downed trees.

There's other things that need to be done around camp, but I would like to concentrate on the trails and get them shaped up, because that's where the fun happens.

Be on the lookout for an email from me with schedule and details.

Edited by Kenzo (07/17/12 10:49 AM)